Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a child birthday fund ....friend's of your child

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you set a price limit on how much to spend on the child? My dd just got her 3 rd birthday invitation and my limit is $20. Do you think is ok? I do not know these children just children in her class. She is in pre k and last year was not invited to any only one  because she was new and in a very small class  and that one was a coworker and I was new to work and didnt spend much. I really don't have the money to spend much on these children. There are 17 in her class so that is alot. If she gets invites to all. I know some will be  after school is out so maybe half. Still seems like alot but I think $20 is reasonable. 

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
That is about how much I spend too.
libramoon007
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Oh good. I was think what is the going rate because they all boys too lately and I was think that is a good amount. 

Quoting blue-heart:

That is about how much I spend too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I've spent only $10- $15 on classmates. I don't know them well, and many don't even open their gifts at the party. My DD has been to 4 like this. My DD's good friend got a $30 gift from us last year. Mostly - $10 - 15.

SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM
The last party my dd went to, I spent 8$ on an bead bracelet kit from Michaels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newfie_Mom
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Honestly my son is around that same age an just had a birthday. (4) His favorite gift aside from the batmobile my sister in law bought him was the two boxes of different colored army men his sister bought him at the dollar store because she wanted to pick out and buy his present herself. He got a ton of really cool more expensive gifts. The only things he still plays with everyday are the batmobile and the army men. He plays with those for hours. Expensive doesn't always mean the best suited gift.
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I try ro make gifts. For dds last party we spent anout $10 on presents and I made a paracord bracelet and key chain. Dd also regifted a poster she got duplicates of that her friend didn't have .
libramoon007
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Wow now I think I am over spending. But I have had people come to my dd party I hardly knew and spend about $20 so I figured it was a good amount. The last one she picked out. I think I will have her pick from now on...that is what my coworker( her child in same class) does. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
My limit is around $20 too.
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM

$10-20.

i.love.my.life
by Arika on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Close friends we spend $20-$25 on. If its just a kid in her grade we do $10-$15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN