Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband locked me out of the house today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im trying to figure out what to do at this point. My dad says if I don't come to him by tonight hes coming to get me tomorrow. We live a bit away and I have $15 to my name and 1/4 tank of gas in my Expedition. We got into a fight, because there were not clean towels and he needed to take a shower so he could go hunting. He didn't get up until 2pm. We were in the ER with out special needs daughter until 5am, she got me up at 9am and we started out day. I had to go to the grocery store, had to pick up our oldest daughter from his parents house since she had to stay there when we took our younger one to the ER. Yesterday was our youngests birthday party and he was working all day, he didn't pay for a single thing for the party, my mom and I paid for all of it. I get $50 a week since I have to stay home with our youngest special needs child. Her doctors will not let us put her in daycare because of her specific needs so I cannot work. Im working on getting her on SSI right now. Today he said I don't do anything around the house, he threw a whole pan of food on the floor and was going to walk away from it and leave it for me to clean up. I stood in front of the door and made him take care of it. He did a half ass job and walked out the back door so I went out the front and stood in front of his truck so he couldn't leave and had to go back in and take care of it. He walked in in front of me and locked the door, I was in a t-shirt and barefoot and its 30 degrees outside. Luckily we have friends living with us right now and she opened the door for me. Now hes gone hunting and Im sick of the shit. My dad wants to come get us but we don't live close and my oldest is in preschool and Im not sure how it would go having her miss school or to pull her out. Its head start so Im scared they will report me or something for it. Plus my youngest has doctor appointment she has to be at this week. What would you do in this situation? What can I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
What a selfish, childish fucking loser. You need to listen to your father. As for head start pre school I seriously doubt you'll get into trouble for pulling your oldest out of there. Staying in a house with a pathetic selfish prick isn't best for you or your kids. He needs a swift kick in the ass.
Soulprncs2
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Does this happen a lot?  While I don't think you should have cleaned up his mess, I don't think you should have stood in front of his car.  I think you should have just let him leave.  

Also, she was let back in the house by a friend that was living there.  

It is only abusive and controlling if he does this constantly.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
The doctors won't let you?? I have a severly sn son and none of his doctors ever tried to dictate our daycare situation. As for the rest, I'd let your dad come get you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I really want to. Im so scared of not knowing what to do. I cant work, Its going to take a while for SSI to kick in. My daughter needs continued care, the one appointment isn't one that is dire for her to go to so I can try to reschedule it for after I figure things out. Ive tried to leave him before I just don't have the willpower to do it.
Quoting Anonymous:

He is controlling and abusive. Let your dad pick you up.

NBean311
by Chivette on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Abuse and control aren't defined by frequency. Locking a grown woman out of her own house is not acceptable behavior. Real men don't throw tantrums. 

Quoting Soulprncs2:

Does this happen a lot?  While I don't think you should have cleaned up his mess, I don't think you should have stood in front of his car.  I think you should have just let him leave.  

Also, she was let back in the house by a friend that was living there.  

It is only abusive and controlling if he does this constantly.   

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Why do you even want to get back into that house for anything more than clothing?

abecee
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

the list of excuses is endless.  really you are worred about head start?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM
How is it still her home if it's not in her name ir anything? What is the law regarding these situations..

Quoting Anonymous:

Call the cops and they'll demand that he let you back in. It's YOUR home, he can't lock you out of it. Even if your name isn't on anything, it's still your home and he would have to evict you with a 30 day notice first. Then get what you need and go with your dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

He's gone hunting now, yes? Are you still locked out of the house then? If yes to both, go to your house right now and do whatever it takes to get in. Break a window if need be and climb inside. Then call your dad to come and get you, ask him if he can rent a U-Haul or something. Start packing your shit and leave, strip that house bare if you need to. Stop at the court house and tell them that you are leaving your abusive husband and need to file for emergency custody of the kids. That way he can't try to take them himself. Call every place that your children go to each day and explain what's going on, that you're running from your abusive husband. You can start a new life where your dad is, everything will be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
She has severe eating issues and needs one on one care while eating, plus they need to be dedicated to learn the techniques for getting her to eat and be willing to do what we do at home. That's why they are scared to let her go to daycare. Plus I couldn't afford it anyway. Stuff like this happens all the time, this is a first for being locked out but he does other equally shitty things to me.
Quoting Anonymous:

The doctors won't let you?? I have a severly sn son and none of his doctors ever tried to dictate our daycare situation. As for the rest, I'd let your dad come get you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)