Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband locked me out of the house today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im trying to figure out what to do at this point. My dad says if I don't come to him by tonight hes coming to get me tomorrow. We live a bit away and I have $15 to my name and 1/4 tank of gas in my Expedition. We got into a fight, because there were not clean towels and he needed to take a shower so he could go hunting. He didn't get up until 2pm. We were in the ER with out special needs daughter until 5am, she got me up at 9am and we started out day. I had to go to the grocery store, had to pick up our oldest daughter from his parents house since she had to stay there when we took our younger one to the ER. Yesterday was our youngests birthday party and he was working all day, he didn't pay for a single thing for the party, my mom and I paid for all of it. I get $50 a week since I have to stay home with our youngest special needs child. Her doctors will not let us put her in daycare because of her specific needs so I cannot work. Im working on getting her on SSI right now. Today he said I don't do anything around the house, he threw a whole pan of food on the floor and was going to walk away from it and leave it for me to clean up. I stood in front of the door and made him take care of it. He did a half ass job and walked out the back door so I went out the front and stood in front of his truck so he couldn't leave and had to go back in and take care of it. He walked in in front of me and locked the door, I was in a t-shirt and barefoot and its 30 degrees outside. Luckily we have friends living with us right now and she opened the door for me. Now hes gone hunting and Im sick of the shit. My dad wants to come get us but we don't live close and my oldest is in preschool and Im not sure how it would go having her miss school or to pull her out. Its head start so Im scared they will report me or something for it. Plus my youngest has doctor appointment she has to be at this week. What would you do in this situation? What can I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM
We went on vacation for our 7 year wedding anniversary in September, We did counseling and its gotten us no where. Im not sure if there is any saving it at this point.
Quoting ame85:

Honestly, it sounds like you guys have a lot of stressors. When was the last time you guys had a break? If the marriage can be salvaged, please consider counseling.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You toss him out of the house, not the other way around.  Tomorrow, find a lawyer, file for divorce, temporary spousal support and child support.

MummsTheWord
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

1. I don't involve my parents in my personal disputes with my husband.

2. You should not have blocked his way.

3. I would have left the mess he created alone. He would find it when he came home from hunting.

4. How he handled 'no clean towels' was juvenile; but as a sahm, you should be able to keep up on something simple like laundry.

5. A shower before hunting? LOL

CelestialSong
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Get the hell out now. Pack up your stuff and your kids, let your dad pick you up, and you can figure everything else out from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
You've said this isnt the first time hes done shitty things like that. This would be my breaking point. Have your dad pick you and your kids up. You can call the school and let them know what happened and that you have to pull your child out. You can battle for ssd/ssi from anywhere. I would call the non emergency line for the sheriffs dept and see if you can file a report for him locking you out. That way it is legally documented for custody purposes, if need be.

Stop making excuses why you cant leave. I dont a sn child, but was in a dv relationship with a child. I got out, with help. You can do it if you WANT to. And when you leave, leave for good. Regardless of what he says or does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
And Im not stressed? I deserve his shit because hes stressed? I don't do stuff like that to him, I deal with my stress in an adult manner. I don't throw a fit like a baby.
Quoting prettygirl326:

THAT FIGHT WAS ABOUT MORE THAN DIRTY LAUNDRY. THAT MAN IS STRESSED TO THE MAX...HE PROBABLY WANTS A NEW LIFE. 

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You change the locks and leave him out
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would change the locks on all the doors and throw all of his clothes in the yard.

holyhoola
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought you were supposed to be stinky when you go hunting. That's what they do on Duck Dynasty. So he's an ass and a shitty hunter. Maybe he can stay with a hunting buddy until he appreciates his family life.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Go with your dad. Things are only going to go down hill from here if he is throwing food at you. You have kids to take care of think of what they are seeing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)