Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband locked me out of the house today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Im trying to figure out what to do at this point. My dad says if I don't come to him by tonight hes coming to get me tomorrow. We live a bit away and I have $15 to my name and 1/4 tank of gas in my Expedition. We got into a fight, because there were not clean towels and he needed to take a shower so he could go hunting. He didn't get up until 2pm. We were in the ER with out special needs daughter until 5am, she got me up at 9am and we started out day. I had to go to the grocery store, had to pick up our oldest daughter from his parents house since she had to stay there when we took our younger one to the ER. Yesterday was our youngests birthday party and he was working all day, he didn't pay for a single thing for the party, my mom and I paid for all of it. I get $50 a week since I have to stay home with our youngest special needs child. Her doctors will not let us put her in daycare because of her specific needs so I cannot work. Im working on getting her on SSI right now. Today he said I don't do anything around the house, he threw a whole pan of food on the floor and was going to walk away from it and leave it for me to clean up. I stood in front of the door and made him take care of it. He did a half ass job and walked out the back door so I went out the front and stood in front of his truck so he couldn't leave and had to go back in and take care of it. He walked in in front of me and locked the door, I was in a t-shirt and barefoot and its 30 degrees outside. Luckily we have friends living with us right now and she opened the door for me. Now hes gone hunting and Im sick of the shit. My dad wants to come get us but we don't live close and my oldest is in preschool and Im not sure how it would go having her miss school or to pull her out. Its head start so Im scared they will report me or something for it. Plus my youngest has doctor appointment she has to be at this week. What would you do in this situation? What can I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the cops. Because honestly if he were my
Husband and he started behaving abusively towards me and locked me out in the cold... I would've busted the door in and would've gone ape shit. So yeah call the cops before you lose it. :)
fairyjester
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM

guess it depends on what kind of 'game' he is hunting

Quoting MummsTheWord:

1. I don't involve my parents in my personal disputes with my husband.

2. You should not have blocked his way.

3. I would have left the mess he created alone. He would find it when he came home from hunting.

4. How he handled 'no clean towels' was juvenile; but as a sahm, you should be able to keep up on something simple like laundry.

5. A shower before hunting? LOL

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a temp restraining order and remove his things from the house.

LilliesValley
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Do you need him to beat the fuck out of you to leave? He's a disrespectful ass. You GET $50 a week. YOU allow him to be able to work and not worry about your kids. Fuck the preschool, there's tons. Have your dad pick you up asap and file for divorce Mon. Empty the bank account as soon as it opens mon.
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Yeah? Blocking his way to the door and then standing in front of his vehicle so he can't leave???? Yeah...you sure DO handle things in an adult manner!!! Your poor kids!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

And Im not stressed? I deserve his shit because hes stressed? I don't do stuff like that to him, I deal with my stress in an adult manner. I don't throw a fit like a baby.

Quoting prettygirl326:

THAT FIGHT WAS ABOUT MORE THAN DIRTY LAUNDRY. THAT MAN IS STRESSED TO THE MAX...HE PROBABLY WANTS A NEW LIFE. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I can't touch his bank account, it's only in his name. He transfers $50 a week onto a prepaid Visa card for me for what me or the kids need.

He hunts deer, he has to bathe in scent free stuff.

He just came back home...I'm not sure why but now all he's done is sit on the couch and watch tv. I don't get why he came home and now I'm screwed to leave until tomorrow.

Quoting LilliesValley:

Do you need him to beat the fuck out of you to leave? He's a disrespectful ass. You GET $50 a week. YOU allow him to be able to work and not worry about your kids. Fuck the preschool, there's tons. Have your dad pick you up asap and file for divorce Mon. Empty the bank account as soon as it opens mon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Why would I clean up his mess and not make him accountable for his actions. I sure as hell wasn't cleaning it up. He would let it sit on the floor for a week before he cleaned it up because he dosent clean anything. He dosent want a wife he wants a mommy. I'm NOT his mommy.

Quoting Missdameanor:

Yeah? Blocking his way to the door and then standing in front of his vehicle so he can't leave???? Yeah...you sure DO handle things in an adult manner!!! Your poor kids!!!

Quoting Anonymous:And Im not stressed? I deserve his shit because hes stressed? I don't do stuff like that to him, I deal with my stress in an adult manner. I don't throw a fit like a baby.

Quoting prettygirl326:

THAT FIGHT WAS ABOUT MORE THAN DIRTY LAUNDRY. THAT MAN IS STRESSED TO THE MAX...HE PROBABLY WANTS A NEW LIFE. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Why do women do this. I don't get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't touch his bank account, it's only in his name. He transfers $50 a week onto a prepaid Visa card for me for what me or the kids need.

He hunts deer, he has to bathe in scent free stuff.

He just came back home...I'm not sure why but now all he's done is sit on the couch and watch tv. I don't get why he came home and now I'm screwed to leave until tomorrow.

Quoting LilliesValley:

prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM

NO OF COURSE NOT, BUT THAT IS PROBABLY THE ROOT OF IT ALL...THERE IS ALOT GOING ON HERE. MORE THAN YOU KNOW. UP TO YOU TO DEAL WITH THIS "BABY" OR NOT. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And Im not stressed? I deserve his shit because hes stressed? I don't do stuff like that to him, I deal with my stress in an adult manner. I don't throw a fit like a baby.
Quoting prettygirl326:

Soulprncs2
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Neither do grown woman, i.e. standing in front of the door and car. 

Quoting NBean311:

Abuse and control aren't defined by frequency. Locking a grown woman out of her own house is not acceptable behavior. Real men don't throw tantrums. 

Quoting Soulprncs2:

Does this happen a lot?  While I don't think you should have cleaned up his mess, I don't think you should have stood in front of his car.  I think you should have just let him leave.  

Also, she was let back in the house by a friend that was living there.  

It is only abusive and controlling if he does this constantly.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN