Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thinking about moving to Colorado... give me info! :)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are thinking of moving to Colorado. We have two young boys that won't be attending school so school district doesn't matter.
What areas (towns/cities) are good?
Are there any parts of CO that don't get a ton of snow?
What's the median income from where you're at?
What's the price range for a nicer 3bed/2 bath house?
What is the cost of living like?

Thanks!! :)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

all i have to say about colorado is that 95% of the episodes of "Monsters Inside Me" occur in this state. 

have fun! :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I'm in CO, we live in Colorado Springs and love it. It doesn't get a ton of snow. The income range is huge, but I'd say median is $40-$50,000
We rent a 4bd 2bath tri-level house in a nice neighborhood and our rent is $1095 per month, the cost of living is not expensive imo
VarelaClan
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
We live in the Boulder area and love it. It's a bit pricey here though. It does snow but it melts away within a couple of days.
XnikoX
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
This =)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Join us in Colorado Moms! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
That's a reason we are thinking of moving. I have borderline personality disorder and hate meds, I used to control it with weed but quit when I had kids. If we move I can smoke without fear of my kids being taken away.

Quoting Anonymous:

you can smoke weed here

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I've never lived there, but I did just get back from a vacation on the western slope. Montrose is beautiful. If I ever moved to Colorado, I'd definitely live there.
AromaDrops33
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I've lived here my whole life and love it. I'm from Denver, but live in Colorado Springs now. Denver and surrounding areas get more snow than Colorado Springs, and of course the mountains get tons. Depends on if you want a newer house or older, but average is $200,000.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
There's 2. One with a picture of scenery and one with a picture of a sign that says Colorado.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Join us in Colorado Moms! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
We would be renting.

Quoting AromaDrops33:

I've lived here my whole life and love it. I'm from Denver, but live in Colorado Springs now. Denver and surrounding areas get more snow than Colorado Springs, and of course the mountains get tons. Depends on if you want a newer house or older, but average is $200,000.

AromaDrops33
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Ok, I'd say anywhere from 850-1200

Quoting Anonymous:

We would be renting.

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN