Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thinking about moving to Colorado... give me info! :)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are thinking of moving to Colorado. We have two young boys that won't be attending school so school district doesn't matter.
What areas (towns/cities) are good?
Are there any parts of CO that don't get a ton of snow?
What's the median income from where you're at?
What's the price range for a nicer 3bed/2 bath house?
What is the cost of living like?

Thanks!! :)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM
That's not too bad, depending on dh's income. Right now our rent for a 3bed 2 bath apartment is $735

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Ok, I'd say anywhere from 850-1200

Quoting Anonymous:

We would be renting.

Quoting AromaDrops33:

I've lived here my whole life and love it. I'm from Denver, but live in Colorado Springs now. Denver and surrounding areas get more snow than Colorado Springs, and of course the mountains get tons. Depends on if you want a newer house or older, but average is $200,000.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I am hoping to find work there in a couple years. I lived in Wyoming and I was an hour from there and we went to FoCo all the time. It's beautiful there and only an hour from Denver.

Quoting Uniquecoolio:

I lived in ft. Collins for about 3 years. It was voted best place to live in u.s. about 5 years ago. Salaries aren't great.... it's a college town. But it is friendly, nice, attractive with LOTS to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AromaDrops33
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Yeah, it just depends on which city your wanting. The mountains and college areas will be higher

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not too bad, depending on dh's income. Right now our rent for a 3bed 2 bath apartment is $735

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Ok, I'd say anywhere from 850-1200

Quoting Anonymous:

We would be renting.

Quoting AromaDrops33:

I've lived here my whole life and love it. I'm from Denver, but live in Colorado Springs now. Denver and surrounding areas get more snow than Colorado Springs, and of course the mountains get tons. Depends on if you want a newer house or older, but average is $200,000.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I feel ya! It sucks having to be on prescription drugs when marijuana is much better and is easier to not get addicted to. Im breastfeeding now so I am not smoking and the painkillers they give me for surgery(tubal ligation and csection) are really harsh. I would much rather smoke and feel like myself!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a reason we are thinking of moving. I have borderline personality disorder and hate meds, I used to control it with weed but quit when I had kids. If we move I can smoke without fear of my kids being taken away.

Quoting Anonymous:

you can smoke weed here

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
We are from Frisco. Loved living in CO. So beautiful but the economy isn't great, cost of living is on the higher side but property taxes are so much better than where we live now so its a wash almost!
It really depends on what you do for a living. Our business is much better outside CO but if you can work its a beautiful, wonderful place.
In the mountains there was nothing for sale under 400k but in castle rock where my dad lives you can get an older 1500-2000sq place for around 200k. We rented a condo out of highschool there for 950 a month, homes would be more like 1500
aehutmacher
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I live just north of Denver and it's nice here. Far enough away from all of the mountain flooding and fires (thank God) and an hours drive to anywhere in Denver or Fort Collins. Ski slopes are about 1.5 hours away, depending on where you're going and what traffic is like.

Anyway, lots of people so there'll be congestion if you have to commute, but not as bad as SoCal so there's that. But the many people means many different personalities and view points, so there is a liberal feel to the area, especially in places near colleges, but my neighborhood is full of republicans, too, which I believe has been the prevailing party for a long stint (don't hold me to that, though. I'm not totally sure).

And pot's legal, so that's cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Dh has his cdl so finding a job is a breeze for him, I'm a sahm.
I'm just hoping he can find a good paying job there...

Quoting Anonymous:

We are from Frisco. Loved living in CO. So beautiful but the economy isn't great, cost of living is on the higher side but property taxes are so much better than where we live now so its a wash almost!

It really depends on what you do for a living. Our business is much better outside CO but if you can work its a beautiful, wonderful place.

In the mountains there was nothing for sale under 400k but in castle rock where my dad lives you can get an older 1500-2000sq place for around 200k. We rented a condo out of highschool there for 950 a month, homes would be more like 1500

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM

The link to the official cafemom Colorado Moms group is in my signature, all you have to do is click on it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There's 2. One with a picture of scenery and one with a picture of a sign that says Colorado.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Join us in Colorado Moms! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I'm mobile, I can't see signatures.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

The link to the official cafemom Colorado Moms group is in my signature, all you have to do is click on it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There's 2. One with a picture of scenery and one with a picture of a sign that says Colorado.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Oh then it's the one with the green sign.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm mobile, I can't see signatures.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)