Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This isnt right......**UPDATE!!!!!**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
I am pregnant. We go tomorrow to find out how far along. I've been sick with something called Gastrotenlitis (sorry if I spelled that wrong) for over a week now. The antibiotics doc gave me are just making me sicker. I throw up 1-6 times daily. Varys each day. But I've been sick over a week now. I can't keep any fluids or solids down whatsoever! I've lost over 10 pounds. I know loosing that much in a week and being pregnant can't be healthy. And I'm worried about baby.
Here's what ive tried.
Ginger ale
Sprite
Toast
Crackers
Nausea medicine
Warm showers
Cold showers
Nothing is helping. Please help! I want to feel better so baby can be healthy. And so I don't have to lay in bed another week. Any advice appreciated

Update!!-
Sorry it took me so long to update! But thank you guys for all your loving advice. My throwing up is down to once, if even any a day. :) which makes me super happy. I bought the sea bands and never take them off! Unless I shower. I am 8 weeks pregnant today! Also I've used peppermint's, been drinking lots of warm water. And have been able to keep SMALL meals down. I am not back to normal eating. But at least I am eating and keeping it down! Which was better then the 2 weeks I was unable to keep anything down. I lost another 5 pounds even though I've been eating. But since I'm early and eating I dont see a huge concern. I want to thank you guys again for all the advice. It really helped me get back to healthy again. And my hubby has been taking great care of me. He wasn't wanting me to do anything on my own which was nice being waited on hand and foot. But now that I'm feeling a bit better I'm liking being able to do things on my own again. Thank you guys. Much love!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/ginger-for-morning-sickness-topic-overview

Try ginger..the link above tells you more about how to take it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Thank you! Ill try anything

Quoting angie729:

angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope it helps and you feel better soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! Ill try anything

Quoting angie729:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Peppermint! Whether it be tea, a hard candy or even just smelling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Did they give you any nausea medication? Unfortunately, nausea is a pretty common side effect of antibiotics. It doesn't sound like you are vomiting excessively, but dehydration may still be a concern. If you are going in tomorrow, I would definitely let htem know what is going on and see if they feel that IV hydration may be appropriate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 12 weeks and down 20lbs. And why on earth did you get prescribed antibiotics for gastro? Its a virus, abx won't do a thing.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Lemon helps too. I used to suck straight on a lemon lol.

And laying on my left side. It would help quell the nausea some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Marijuana

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

does your dr know you have lost that much weight?if they don't see them asap they might have to admit you to the hospital.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Try sipping tea, no big gulps. And dinner rolls, or un-toasted plain bread. Small sips and bites are your friend. Too much of anything at one time is going to make it worse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN