Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck between the right/wrong kind of love

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 23 Replies
I'm a single stay @ home mom, never been married and have 2 boys ages 6 & 9. I'm in love w/ a married man whom I have known for 7 yrs(I used to work w/ him)who has 2 kids of his own(one a teenager and one who is around 11). He's not happy w/ his wife of 17 yrs and has NOT been "physically" involved w/ her for sometime now. He's basically staying bcuz of his kids and is afraid to divorce her bcuz of the effect it would have on her and them, including his family. We have recently developed a close relationship and see each other often and have been intimate on some occasions. We practically have everything in common and get along REALLY well. He comes over and visits often and my kids love him to pieces and are ALWAYS asking about him when he's not here. When he is here w/ us, it's like we are a family like it's supposed to be(I haven't been involved w/ my kids' dads for quite some time now and never married them for good reasons and to make matters worse, my oldest son's dad has been in a mental hospital for 6 yrs now and my youngest son does NOT know who his dad is). He's told me he loves me and my kids very much as do I and has told me I mean "everything" to him and that I'm "his" woman...Ik I'm the "other woman" and I told him I can't live like that forever and that if he REALLY wants to be w/ me that bad then he needs to act on it and leave her. I've tried letting him go 2x over the past yr and try to move on w/ someone else but no matter what I do, I can't do it. I have been hurt so much in my other past relationships and Ik he would never do that to me. He's getting me a promise ring but I'm still scared that the situation won't change. He's even told me that I make him "happy" as he does me and I've even come out several times and asked him to marry me-I'm trying to make the best of as bad situation and want to continue to try to "hang in there" and be "patient" even tho he knows how I'm feeling about this whole thing-he has mentioned that IF the solution "presents" itself that we would get married. He's a GREAT dad and responsible, has a job and takes care of his kids. I want to have a baby w/ him(I've been wanting a girl soooooo bad). I can't help being in love w/ him the way I am and never want to let him go whenever we are in each other's arms. He feels the EXACT same way on everything I have written here-should I give him a "timeline" for us to be completely together or continue to be patient and wait for him?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Skye24
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
3 moms liked this

He isn't yours . He is hers . No matter what crap he tells you --you are believing what you want to hear. If he wanted to be with you he would. KICK HIM TO THE CURB ..GET YOUR SELF RESPECT BACK ..     I never understand why women allow themselves to be treated this way .  He is going to promise to continue to lie to you, sneak around , give you seconds , blah blah... He is not a great dad . He is cheating on their mother . He is a scum bag . If you think he won't cheat on you , then take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is how you dreamed of your true love to be . He is living his dream . Screw the timeline --Why would you want a man that you are not going to be able to trust? Don't you deserve better than this ? Darn right you do.. Quit making excuses and do what you know you should ..DUMP HIM, CHANGE YOUR NUMBER , CALL HIS WIFE IF YOU HAVE TO , BUT  RECLAIM YOUR LIFE ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM

So much wrong with this. He is married. He is someone else's husband. He is not yours. He will say whatever is needed to string you along, but he will not marry you.

How are you a SAHM? Who pays your bills?

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
He has no plans to leave his wife. Move on. A real man would be working on his marriage. A great dad would be a better husband to their mom. You can do better.
Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
How are you a stay at home mom and never been married? How do you know he isn't sleeping with her? Aren't you afraid of how your boys are going to feel when they find out what you're doing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
If he wanted you he would leave her and be with you.

Stop being a whore and move on.
MommyKir
by Kay on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

You do realize he is saying to you exactly what every man says to his Mistress right? If he want to be with you then he needs to leave the wife first. Otherwise why would he he gets his cake and eats it too? Think of his wife, how would you feel if you were married to him and then found out he had a gf on the side? Why would you want to hurt another woman like that?

Boo.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
He is using you... I can't believe you can't see that. You're going to look back at this at some point and realize how bad he played you. I'm sorry.
Miller0305
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

This. 

Quoting Boo.:

He is using you... I can't believe you can't see that. You're going to look back at this at some point and realize how bad he played you. I'm sorry.

tpalvado
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

He is using you. No has no intentions of leaving his wife for you. This is just his way of having his wife and you. I would forget about him and find a man who isn't married. You don't need that kind of drama

Momma2Warriors
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM
You my dear are a home wrecking whore.

Who pays for your expenses to be a stay at home mom?

If you can have sex and pop out kids you can work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured