Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone ever been to a food pantry click here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

i may have to go to one for the first time ever and im just wondering do you walk around and pick what you need from what they have or does one of the employees/staff pick out your order for you?  i'm just wondering how it works as i don't want to make myself look like an A-hole when i go there.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
i have no idea but here is a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Here you will fill out a paper with how many is in your household and they will bring you a box already made up for that many people. You don't get to pick what you want or don't want.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
They are all different. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
They bring u out a premade box or sack of stuff. U don't get to pick.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Sorry no clue, but you should probably call  them first and ask them their procedures

I'M CLASSY, SASSY WITH A BIT OF SMART ASS THROWN IN PIC

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM

deends on the place. they give you a box and let you pick items from sections here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM
They all have different setups. All of them here start with finding out your family size. Some here have 'stations' and you get to choose what you want from each station, amount depending on your family size. Some others here you can pick some things, like bread, and fresh druits/veggies but the majority of it is preboxed based off of family size. Let someone know its your first time and your unsure of procedure and they will explain how yours works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Here you pick. The number of items is based on family size.

CHECK EXPIRATION DATES
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM

typicaly you fill out a form and they will give you an amount of food based on how many are in your house, you dont usually get to pick, in fact ive never seen one where you can pick, usually they have rice orbeans, canned veggies/fruit, some grains like bread, a protien, sometimes juice or dairy, depends on the month and if the local supermarkets are feeling generous, outs tries to give all those then you go throught he produce section and there you get to pick but ours is the only one ive seen do that

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I went a many a time when I was younger. 

It honestly depends on the pantry. Some let you pick out a certain number of items from each section (food group) and others pick for you. Just yell them you're a first timer and they will walk you through.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN