Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thanks for making me feel like s••• DH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I work full time, I usually work 50-60 hours a week I leave for work somewhere between 5:30 and 6:30am  Monday through Friday and get home somewhere between 5pm and 7pm. I do not work on the weekends but I do bring work home.

DH is a student and is not working. He is taking 4 classes and because of his schedule can't find a job because his schedule is just weird. We also decided we didn't want him to work so he could concentrate on school. However, he is picking up more of the slack at home. He is doing more cooking, cleaning, and dealing with the kids.

I have always cooked for our family, it is something I have always enjoyed but with working the schedule I have been I haven't done it as much - mainly because I am exhausted when I get home and if they waited till I got home, it would be 8pm before we ate some nights.

Tonight DH asks me when I am going to start on dinner, which I had no problem with. Then he adds the smartass comment, "it is something easy so you should be able to handle it". WTF! I cook dinner from SCRATCH when I cook! I said "What are you talking about?! I cook all the time" He then said "what have you cooked lately?" I named a few things and he basically said, my answer wasn't good enough. I got up rather pissed and walked away to start dinner. He followed me into the kitchen and said he was just joking. I told him he was being an ASS! He started laughing and said he was just messing with me. I told him that it wasn't funny and he made me feel like crap, and he apologized. Shit! I make really nice dinners! SUE ME for being TIRED after working 50-60 hours a week and putting him through school! UGH! He is such an ass some times!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

It must be something in the air today!   

My husband feels 

I am wrong because my 21 yo daughter lied to me for the umpteenth time and I am not speaking to her due to the constant lying.   I have nothing nice to say to her so I am saying nothing!  I need to cool down some first. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I wouldn't be making dinner after that.  I'd be feeding my children oatmeal (their favorite anyways!) and myself a sandwich.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Why isn't he cooking?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
How rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I really think you are tired and being over-sensitive right now.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I would have ordered pizza after that shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

he figured I would want to since I don't get to do it during the week usually.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why isn't he cooking?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Maybe but that was still a shitty thing to say

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

all I heard is husband not working, why would you make a baby with him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

it was, i give you that....remember he is dealing with his own set of challenges. maybe subliminally he is trying to tell you something

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe but that was still a shitty thing to say

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)