Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I HATE it and I refuse!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

My husband wants to name our baby Zelda Alesna. Thats the first and middle name.

I told him I will agree to Zelda, even though it makes me think of the zelda games.

But I HATE Alesna. It is his mother's maiden name but he's dead set on using it. I have tried telling him it doesnt sound right, he just says we can pick a different first name, even though it took us forever to finally somewhat agree on a first name. I have tried saying how much I hate it, he says oh well, we are using it because he likes it. I am so fed up. Im seriously to the point where I am ready to say Eff you you arent the one pushing this baby out!

Of course, Im not going to say that, instead I came here to ask you ladies for middle name ideas. I figure if I can tell him an awesome middle name he likes, maybe he will give up on that ridiculous middle name.

(Personally, I wanted the name to be Savannah Rose or Willow Rose but he shot those down.)

So what middle name do you think would work with Zelda?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I love that you are naming her Zelda. Awesome!
What about Zelda Rose? So it is a mix of both of your names. Or you can use Alesna as a second middle name.

jenerica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
He wants to use his mother's maiden name. I doubt you will be able to sway him.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Zelda? I'd take his mother's maiden as middle and find a real name.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Yeah... Not cool! Naming is a decision for both of you...

Tell him to get over it and start working on finding a name you both can agree on or there will be no middle name at all until dd is old enough to pick one herself...

Ok maybe that's a bit extreme... But he can't say you don't have a say in this!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
9 moms liked this
Hmmmmm.....

I can't get past Zelda.

Sorry.
parentalrights1
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Well remind him that you both need to agree and that he doesn't get to just make the final decision. Then remind him that even if he tried, it would have to go through the mother and that you're not going to approve of something he's not willing to compromise on
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go with the mother's maiden name.

Please tell me, what culture/ethnicity is this?  That can sometimes have a MAJOR impact on the chosen names.

DH wants to give our *maybe daughter* his Mom's first name as her middle.  His Mom and I don't get along, but I agreed because I can see how important it is to him.  I wanted to use my Grandma's name, but several of the children on my side already have her name.  His Mom's name has been unused.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

yep, sounds like a mama's boy thing lol

Quoting jenerica.:

He wants to use his mother's maiden name. I doubt you will be able to sway him.

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Zelda??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Zelda IS a real name! I know six women with that name, they are older than those stupid games.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Zelda? I'd take his mother's maiden as middle and find a real name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)