Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Call me old-fashioned but........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 266 Replies
5 moms liked this
I seriously feel that in divorce/custody situations, the kids should be with their Moms full time and dads part time, like the old fashioned way, not this 50/50 shit or primary care with the dad!! Guess this makes me old-fashioned but I truly feel that "good" moms are more nurturing, caretakers, and sensitive to their children's needs!!! I think it is more stable for kids to primarily live in one home and then see their dads every other weekend and one or two nights per week for a few hours for dinner with them.

This is a sad custody story.......I know a lady who was a stay at home mom and a very good, loving mother to her little daughter........and she ended up doing something stupid while having an argument with her verbally and emotionally abusive husband (she threw something at him......he didn't get seriously hurt or anything) but consequently he pressed assault charges against her to be an asshole, filed a restraining order, got her removed from their home, and took full custody of their child who was 5 at the time........the poor little girl missed her mother terribly and had a really tough time with it!! Now granted, this woman should not have done that, but it still sucks for that child because her mother treated her like gold!! There are always exceptions, but generally speaking, kids belong with their mothers.......as long as they are good ones!!! Just my opinion. :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:23 AM
9 moms liked this
Well, you know what they say about opinions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:24 AM
bananas.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:25 AM
10 moms liked this
I don't agree. But you are entitled to your opinion.
I like the new trend of 50/50.
I know if dh and I divorced, DD would be crushed if she only saw her dad 4 days a month!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Well then. Had I been with my mom I would have been abused and lord k ows where

Then again my alcoholic dad wasn't any better

The system failed me and my sisters what can I say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM
9 moms liked this

What is with this mentality that  men cant be nurturing, caretakers, and sensitive to their kids needs? What makes a woman so much more qualified? Its not because she shoots them out because that does not a parent make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM
I said only if the moms were GOOD ones!!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Well then. Had I been with my mom I would have been abused and lord k ows where

Then again my alcoholic dad wasn't any better

The system failed me and my sisters what can I say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM
From my experience the women just are!! In most cases that is.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is with this mentality that  men cant be nurturing, caretakers, and sensitive to their kids needs? What makes a woman so much more qualified? Its not because she shoots them out because that does not a parent make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Lol. Ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

bananas.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:33 AM
On the other hand, each parent would probably like a break now and then....just sayin'....even a super caring, nurturing mom needs some kid free time now and then. In a lot of cases, I'm sure dad is a fully capable parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:34 AM
It would be more than 4 days per month......because they would see them 1 or 2 nights per week for dinner!! So more like 8 - 12 times.

Quoting MIA0223:

I don't agree. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I like the new trend of 50/50.

I know if dh and I divorced, DD would be crushed if she only saw her dad 4 days a month!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)