Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

According to my SIL, getting hit by a customer is part of "working with the public"

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 50 Replies

This is my status from when I got home from work yesterday.

If you cannot read it says:

Status: Except for getting hit by a customer today (yep I said hit!), I really am loving working.

friend 1: oh must been in the air because I got shove

me:  An old foggie ordered a Sr drink which is .59, he put 2 quarters and a dime on the counter. I reached for it and he smacked my hand, I did not realize he was searching for .09 instead. I had to hold back tears and still serve him with a smile, but it is still bothering me that he did it.

friend 2: that bites

friend 3: ugh I hated waiting on ET's. They have to dig out exact change and if coffee is to hot/cold they complain.

friend 4: ((((Hugs))) You'll have good days and then days like today lol.

SIL: Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it....I've had a lot done to me to....that's part of working with the public

Me: I managed Wendys for 9 yrs, I have got my big girl panties in,just never had a customer dare put hands on me.

SIL:It happens I've had it done to me

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Im not good in situations like that. I would have probably smacked his hand back. Where I come from people talk to adults they dont smack hands
SusanD
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:53 AM
No, they shouldn't do that. However having said that it does happen. And at that point you have to either suck it up, have someone else take care if that person (or mgmt handle it), or if this is frequent not go back to that job. It sucks and I'm sorry that it happened to you.
camocountrymom
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM
She's just one of those been there done that seen it all and I can take anything you do to me kinda gals isn't she? Ignore her you shouldn't have to take that shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I have to agree with your SIL. You can't be so sensitive when working with people.
I was called a bitch, raciest, had money taking away from my hand all the nice staff, but never bothered me. People are stupid.
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Obviously I did suck it up and dealt with it accordingly, it freaked me out because i have worked in FF for so many years and never dealt with a customer thinking it was okay to do that. I took care of him, served him and sent him on his way, after my line was done I notified the manager since he was still in the restaurant and she said he is always grumpy but if it ever happens again I have every right to refuse him service.

Quoting SusanD:

No, they shouldn't do that. However having said that it does happen. And at that point you have to either suck it up, have someone else take care if that person (or mgmt handle it), or if this is frequent not go back to that job. It sucks and I'm sorry that it happened to you.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Yeah ot would not have gone over well had he done that to me.
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I've heard it all, but never been touched. I obviously dealt with it fine, but its okay to be upset after the fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have to agree with your SIL. You can't be so sensitive when working with people.
I was called a bitch, raciest, had money taking away from my hand all the nice staff, but never bothered me. People are stupid.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I guess, not too close to my IL as most of them are older than my parents as is my husband.

Quoting camocountrymom:

She's just one of those been there done that seen it all and I can take anything you do to me kinda gals isn't she? Ignore her you shouldn't have to take that shit.

Mish321
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Yes, it is. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Quoting 2and2onway:

I've heard it all, but never been touched. I obviously dealt with it fine, but its okay to be upset after the fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

camocountrymom
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Your husband is older than your parents?

Quoting 2and2onway:

I guess, not too close to my IL as most of them are older than my parents as is my husband.

Quoting camocountrymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)