Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Job interview. Biting my nails.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I know most of you people don't care.I just need to get this overwhelming fear out. I've been a SAHM for 9 years. Aside from one short temp job , that I had before I even interviewed. I'm terrified. I don't know how to sell myself and I'm too damn honest I think for most people. Ha.  The job is a cleaning position and well in my work at home that is about half of what I do. I love cleaning too.. not everyone does. It relaxes me. I believe I'm good at it. I feel the hours will be exactly what I need. I want the job so bad. My littlest just started kindergarten I am exited to get out there into the world and to make some money to contribute to the household.

Can anyone relate and what advice do you have for me? People keep telling me to just be myself.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
twisted_tongue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Good luck!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Dress professionally for the interview and explain why you are the ideal candidate for the position.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
The fact that you love cleaning should be what sells you. Sounds like you're a perfect fit for the job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Me too goodluck!
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Good luck :-)
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Just stay calm. Be yourself. Tell them how you like to clean. How the job is perfect because it allows you to work and still be there for your daughter.

I am going back into the job field after 5 yrs. My problem is I can only do certain hours since my oldest had therapy. Just beer honest and upfront about everything.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Good luck!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

You got this mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Wow. Pretty sure I got the job!!! They told me to call if I need anything and that they will call. They are interviewing a few people and will be working out our schedules so that we can get the flexibility we need hopefully. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)