Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does your Thanksgiving feast menu look like?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Ley
  • 236 Replies
My mom, grandma and I sat down and came up with our Thanksgiving menu. I was tasked with the 7 pies, stuffing balls, deviled eggs, and bacon wrapped asparagus. The pies will be 3 pumpkin pies, a butterscotch pie, a pecan pie, an apple pie and a sweet potato pie. My mom is making the ham, turkey, mac n cheese and green bean casserole, and my grandma is doing the celery, cheese balls, yams, and mashed potatoes with parmesan. What are you making for Thanksgiving?

Yay, I'm featured!
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crackerjack728
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Were not really huge eaters. We have turkey, potatoes, squash, green beens, rolls and stuffing. 

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Mobile Photo

LMAO this was our "leftovers" from last year! that's a whole turkey!
CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Going to be just as big this year I can almosr gurantee it :)
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Turkey,ham, sweet potatoe casserole, greens, mac n cheese,stuffing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy & ham gravy, pumpkin rolls, yeast rolls, homemade butter, rhubarb strawberry pie, pb pie, apple cake, oyster dressing... So much more lol. We usually have 15-25 people here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce (the real stuff), rolls, a pumpkin pie, a pecan pie and a pumpkin roll.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Roasted in-season vegetables in a wheat cornucopia, stuffing, spicy deviled eggs, mashed potatoes and gravy, citrus salad, acorn squash soup and pumpkin pie.

ETA: Oh, and homemade dinner rolls. I might also make orange-cranberry sauce if I find bulk cranberries at costco this year.
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM
17 moms liked this
Whatever they're serving at the Hot Meals for the Homeless where my son and I will be volunteering.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

For the firs time in 6 years I am not cooking this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom usually makes turkey, sweet potatoes baked, fresh steamed green beans, homemade bread, cranberries, and a huge salad.  It's been this way since I was little.  Me - I'm still learning to cook

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Turkey, ham, corn, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, chocolate dream pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, banana bread.... and probably more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)