Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM has your husband ever

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Throwed in your face that you don't work.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (171-174):
momma-moo
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

:-(  What a jerk.  He's the kind of guy that needs to experience all that you do in a day to appreciate what YOU do for your family every day.  Do this:  List out every single thing you do on a typical day and give him that list for a day that he doesn't work.  Make sure to remind him that while he has to complete all these tasks before "you get home by 5", leave some room for child tantrums and accidents that may/will happen throughout the day.  He's got to be as interactive and productive as you, so stay on top of him...it will be fun for you to watch him struggle haha.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes like yesturday at night we were habing sex and he finished and just wanted to fall asleep. I told him wait cuz I wanted to finish. So he's hes like what do you want im tired i wanna go to sleep. Tomorrow i work since you dont work uou don't do nothing. Ofcourse i got mad and i defended myself by saying i might not work but i take care of our kids clean cook and i guess thats nothing for you. He began to tell me shit ugly stuff like telling me this stuff that makes me feel worthless. Sorry to long

Quoting momma-moo:

No...has your dh done that to you?

aiyess
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
My husband busts my balls and tells me that it must be nice to be able to stay home and do nothing and my respond is always "yes, yes it is". It was his idea for me to stay home from the get go and I always remind him that his idea was a good one. We wouldn't have it another way. I'm very grateful that he works hard for his family. I will be the first to admit that there are days that I do nothing and days when it's crazy.
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM
My ex- husband used to throw it in my face a lot. He'd make me feel so insignificant, like i was just a stay at home a stay at home mom not capable of anything else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Sort of.  He complains about how much work he does (implying I have less) so I am working.  Full time last year from home with no child care at all since he kept firing babysitters, so I juggled a 1 and 3 year old while putting in 40 hrs/wk (mostly naptimes and after midnight.)   And then he complained that I was stressed all the time so I just shouldn't work (I also don't make nearly what he does (just different industries) so my work is less valuable.)  

So I quit working full time (now I work part time, still from home) and figured he's just going to be cranky no matter what.  This is better for me and the little ones, so get over it.  He is still cranky sometimes, but I point out that I COULD work more hours (not like I can change any time, but I could have kept the 40hr/wk job) EXCEPT that he agreed to certain terms like coming home from his (flexible hours) work by a certain time and in the year I did this, he came home ONCE on time.  I requested 1 night per week that he'd be in charge of dinner and bedtimes and I'd just focus on work, and a total of 3 hours per weekend.   I believe I could have made it all work with this amount of support.  Most of the time, something would come up at work (which is probably a legitimate thing not an excuse, but doesn't help me) on the days he was supposed to be in charge.  Then there would always be a plan to "make up for it tomorrow" or "take the kids to the park this weekend" but in the meantime, I still had deadlines to meet and by the weekend, he couldn't do it because it was sick, or some other major thing came up, etc.  So yeah, now I'm part time from home.  Get over it!  (Not you all, him.)  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

He has to me too and he makes me feel like worthless.

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Yes he has

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN