Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM has your husband ever

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Throwed in your face that you don't work.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
tcallisto
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Nope, I dare him to. But he has also stayed home with the kids for a few days at a time and doesn't understand how woman don't go crazy when they do it. 

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
He jokes about it sometimes just like I tease him about not doing housework. Neither of us mean it because we chose this lifestyle together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Once. We were having a stupid fight.

I responded by cutting up my bank card and telling him since I didn't earn money I couldn't spend it. He was stuck with all the grocery shopping and bill paying for a good couple of weeks before I took back my responsibility.

He instantly regretted saying it and I've said mean things to him I've regretted. We aren't perfect but we are perfect for each other.
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

no, he is the first one to admit that i have the hardest job out of the two of us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
He did for the first time the other month. I said since I don't make money and this is apparently your house and your bed I'll be going else where to sleep. If you want me or the kids we'll be at my moms tomorrow. I don't know when I'll be back. I got up and went into my sons room to sleep, since it was 10pm. He begged my forgiveness and said he would never say anything so stupid again. I said if he does I would leave right then and there
Mrs.Vallo
by Sylvia on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Never

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

In addition to looking for a job, you should also be looking for a divorce lawyer. There is no reason to stay with a verbally abusive jerk. 

Quoting NikkiGross42:

Daily.. Everytime he talks to me.. He asked me to quit my job to stay home with the kids.. Then tells me I do nothing, I am lazy, He is the only one that works.. I have put applications in all over town, but only one interview and never heard back.. But he still rubs it in my face!

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
He has when he was mad or upset about something (usually out of my control!), I quickly remind him I will happily go back to work and we can go back to paying out way too much money for child care AND I would be more than happy to split the household chores.
He hasn't used that in an argument in awhile. ...
I do not mind working, although i would def miss being a sahm!
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Nope...as a matter of fact, he fussed at me the other day for saying that I don't work. He told me that it irked him that I said that..especially in front of our girls that are 5 and 8 (tomorrow). I conceded appreciatively. LOL

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

My fiancĂ©e did so I got a part time job, then he complained about the house being dirty, no cooking... Lol so I went to work full time, and now he's my ex. Too damn dependent on me cleaning, cooking, doing laundry and taking care of the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)