Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bad mommy confession of the day

My kids didn't go to school this morning.  I was up all night with the baby, I think she might have strep.  Dh had to leave for WY for a week at 5:30am, after he left I laid down think 30 min of sleep was better then nothing... closed my eyes and woke up at 10am with my alarm going off (it went off for 4 hours and it didn't budge me).. My kids were in the living room watching cartoons, apparently they woke up around 9 and helped themselves to granola bars and pears for breakfast.  My oldest said he tried to wake me up but that I just wouldn't budge. 

So, kids are having lunch here, and I will take them to school after school lunch is over.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Whoopsies!

Time to get an alarm going for yourself so this won't happen more than the one time...Preferably in the room you pass out in.:x

I do have an alarm.  i feel asleep in my room.  I have an older alarm.. maybe from the 80's.. has that beyond obnoxious beeping noise and a sticky slide thing to turn the alarm off.. the snooze doesn't work.  Usually startles me right out of my sleep, and i have it on the other side of the room so that  I have to get up and walk across the cold floor to turn it off.

I've just been very exhausted lately.  Feels like a "mono" relapse.. but no sore throat.. just the extreme fatigue... but baby girl is teething, and acting sick, dh has been out of town except for the weekends, and I think I have just taken on way to much this past couple months.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Quoting daughteroftruth:

I do have an alarm.  i feel asleep in my room.  I have an older alarm.. maybe from the 80's.. has that beyond obnoxious beeping noise and a sticky slide thing to turn the alarm off.. the snooze doesn't work.  Usually startles me right out of my sleep, and i have it on the other side of the room so that  I have to get up and walk across the cold floor to turn it off.

I've just been very exhausted lately.  Feels like a "mono" relapse.. but no sore throat.. just the extreme fatigue... but baby girl is teething, and acting sick, dh has been out of town except for the weekends, and I think I have just taken on way to much this past couple months.

wow, you poor dear :(((

how about, if the kids hear your alarm and they see you're not awake they can wake you up?

AVE SATANAS!
twade26
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Poor momma. It happens. Honestly I wouldn't even take them after lunch because you will just have to turn around 2 hrs later and pick them up. The kids just had a mental health day lol. Everyone needs one every once in a while.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

How old is your eldest? Have you talked to them about what to do in situations like that, when an adult won't wake up?

abecee
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I'd just keep them home all day.  Motherhood is exhausting.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Is it even worth making them go after lunch? 

yeah, they all missed 2 days last week for strep, and its the last day of the quarter so dd needs to do a make up spelling test, ds8 needs to do a few AR tests, and DS9 wants to go and do another AR test, he wants to get to 400% of his goal for the quarter, and my preschooler starts preschool at noon.  It will also give me a few hours where I can take the baby to the ped without all 6 kids, and run a few errands without all the kids in tow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Sadly that counts against them, and "mom didn't wake up" isn't a decent excuse to miss school.

I hope for your sake they don't get sick often and miss lots of school .
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I had a horrible headache and couldn't move without vomiting last Friday, plus the backache from walking the kids around the neighborhood; yeah I let them stay home. By the time I was able to leave the bathroom, they were already late and I was not even going to attempt driving with my double vision. My oldest helped keep the younger ones entertained while I took tylenol and soaked in the tub.

It happens. If my husbnad had been home, he would have helped.

pregnant

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

wow, you poor dear :(((

how about, if the kids hear your alarm and they see you're not awake they can wake you up?

normally my oldest does, or my second oldest because he is our early bird.. but they couldn't get me to wake up this time.  The me not waking up has happened before, its just that dad is usually home.  DS called ma' ma' and told her I wasn't waking up but she knows as well that if i get over worked and over stressed I just kind of shut down, so she told him that if I didn't wake up in an hour she would come by. 

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly that counts against them, and "mom didn't wake up" isn't a decent excuse to miss school.

I hope for your sake they don't get sick often and miss lots of school .

They don't get sick often, and no they don't usually miss school.  For the quarter they have all missed about 2.5 days.  I kept them home two days last week because they had positive strep tests and waited for the antibiotics.  They are in elementary school.. sooooo, not sure what you mean by "count against them"  it doesn't do anything to their grade, and they are allowed 10 Absent days per semester. not sure how anyone could use up that much time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)