Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad mommy confession of the day

My kids didn't go to school this morning.  I was up all night with the baby, I think she might have strep.  Dh had to leave for WY for a week at 5:30am, after he left I laid down think 30 min of sleep was better then nothing... closed my eyes and woke up at 10am with my alarm going off (it went off for 4 hours and it didn't budge me).. My kids were in the living room watching cartoons, apparently they woke up around 9 and helped themselves to granola bars and pears for breakfast.  My oldest said he tried to wake me up but that I just wouldn't budge. 

So, kids are having lunch here, and I will take them to school after school lunch is over.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
If tou max out sick days, they'll keep you back.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly that counts against them, and "mom didn't wake up" isn't a decent excuse to miss school.

I hope for your sake they don't get sick often and miss lots of school .

They don't get sick often, and no they don't usually miss school.  For the quarter they have all missed about 2.5 days.  I kept them home two days last week because they had positive strep tests and waited for the antibiotics.  They are in elementary school.. sooooo, not sure what you mean by "count against them"  it doesn't do anything to their grade, and they are allowed 10 Absent days per semester. not sure how anyone could use up that much time.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

well, I'm not worried about them missing 10 whole days in one semester, unless a child is chronically ill, I cannot see them missing that much time.

Quoting Anonymous:

If tou max out sick days, they'll keep you back.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly that counts against them, and "mom didn't wake up" isn't a decent excuse to miss school.

I hope for your sake they don't get sick often and miss lots of school .

They don't get sick often, and no they don't usually miss school.  For the quarter they have all missed about 2.5 days.  I kept them home two days last week because they had positive strep tests and waited for the antibiotics.  They are in elementary school.. sooooo, not sure what you mean by "count against them"  it doesn't do anything to their grade, and they are allowed 10 Absent days per semester. not sure how anyone could use up that much time.

JamieBue38
by Jamie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Wow, are you ok? Sounds like you needed the sleep really bad.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I think so.   I thought maybe i was getting sick, but I don't have a fever or sore throat or anything.  Just exhausted.  5 of my kids had strep last week.... plus it was Halloween and I have a ton of things going on.  Ever since I had mono 6 yrs ago, I get periods of extreme exhaustion that no amount of sleep seems to cure.  I might be having one of those relapses... hopefully it only lasts a week or so.

Quoting JamieBue38:

Wow, are you ok? Sounds like you needed the sleep really bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured