Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you've ever had a divorce...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

what advise would you give to someone on the verge of getting one. My husband and I have been together 3 years (well together 8 but married the 3 ) and for many reasons we are now well I am considering ending it. 

If you could go back in time to right before the choice was made what would you tell yourself? Would you do anything diffrent?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

bump

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I have no advice, but good luck whatever you choose. Have you done counseling? (although I know it's not for everyone)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We haven't but I don't know that it would help in our case...he has no respect for me and I don't think therepy can change that.

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

I have no advice, but good luck whatever you choose. Have you done counseling? (although I know it's not for everyone)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM

bump

j3st3r
by Jedi on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Protect yourself and the kids. Don't fall for sob stories. If you feel like you need a break, set time expectations, eg I will consider reconciliation in 4 months.

Good luck.
_MissMissfit_
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let yourself be led by emotion. Make every communication in writing, and keep your interactions simple and curt, as if a judge were reading them.

Take your attorneys advice. Make arrangements legal through the courts, not just verbal promises.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

thats good advice! thanks

Quoting j3st3r:

Protect yourself and the kids. Don't fall for sob stories. If you feel like you need a break, set time expectations, eg I will consider reconciliation in 4 months.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

thanks

Quoting _MissMissfit_:

Don't let yourself be led by emotion. Make every communication in writing, and keep your interactions simple and curt, as if a judge were reading them.

Take your attorneys advice. Make arrangements legal through the courts, not just verbal promises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)