Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thanksgiving Dinner.....WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Every year I do Thanksgiving Dinner....its for my family and my husbands family. Every year less and less of  how his family treats them my friends wont even come anymore. Each Dinner Thanksgiving and Christmas cost me $300 to do each Dinner. I used to feel so honored to do this. But this year I told him I wasn't doing it. His family is so fucking ungrateful and I make enough food because that is my grocery money and my husband doesn't help. He started saying I am going to do it....no asshole I'm not. AND he told me if I don't his mom isn't well enough to do  it. That's not my problem. And that if another family does it I'm not invited. That's he taking the girls and leaving me here. So I said fine I will do it for my family his family wasn't invited. He told me he would throw me  out. I'm leaving in 3 wks anyway but his whole damn ordeal is PISSING ME OFF!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

BUMP...please

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM

So, you're only gonna do it for your family?

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Umm, he sounds like an ass and he needs to grow up. Sorry. 

cLanief
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Lmfao. Sorry but its just funny. Some people got some big balls.
newmom121812
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Does he know your leaving? Why do you have to wait?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I would just do it for my family and friends.  File for seperation or divorce and get a custody agreement on who gets kids for what holiday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I don't want to do the dinner at ALL. I want to go to my families this year. My husbans is very verbally abusive and my family won't invite him cause he puts me down in front of them all the time. Course he does that here to me in front of his family but his family starts in on me too. And I'm tired of my daughters hearing this shit. Plus I count on the food last all that week because I have to MY grocery money on this. I was asking opinions (which I know it leaves me open to bashing but was hoping you all wouldn't stick my head on a poll and run me through the CF village).

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

So, you're only gonna do it for your family?

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Glad you're leaving you should make it sooner. I'd take your kids to someone else's thanksgiving in your family and say screw you selfish scumbag DH and his family. I knock his ass out for talking to me the way he did you. Great example he sets for being a so called man to your girls.
AydensMommy1008
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

He'd throw you out? Wtf is that supposed to mean?! He'd throw you out over Thanksgiving dinner?! Yeah theres something to celebrate the month of being thankful and making dinner for a bunch of jerks. I dont blame you. In fact most of us women wouldnt. Who the hell is he to tell you, you are going to do it, and then youre not invited. Lmao. Wow. Some men are nothing but work, right? Youre leaving in 3 wks anyway ?? like leaving him, or what? Thats crazy, the point really is, youre NOT obligated to cook the meal for anyone but whomever you choose.. and your children of course, but wow.. Good luck, hope it works in YOUR favor!

lulumomof2
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

OMG!! I'm sorry your dh is acting that way, and I'm sorry that his family are a bunch of asses!! We have had Thanksgiving at our house and have always invited dh's family. They chose not to come because one of my bil's wife doesn't like my dogs (to be fair my dogs probably weigh more than she does, lol). But the culture where she is from dogs (actually most animals) are outside animals. So my big dogs make her uncomfortable and my bil knows that I will not stick my dogs outside for hours (they are dobermans and don't deal well with the cold temps). So we have Thanksgiving just the 4 of us, then we usually have pie with my family after that, then ususally invite MIL over the next day or the Saturday after.

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN