Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he must think im dumb...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 16 Replies
i quit smoking when i found out i was preggo and my SO was supposed to as well. and for the most prt he has. but he must have a pack stashed somewhere, either in his car or outside somewhere cuz if he takes the trash out or runs to the grocery store when he comes back he reeks of cigarettes and you can tell he tried to cover it up with some horrible cheap ass man body spray that happens to only show up when he reeks of cigs. i call him out everytime and he insists on lying everytime like im dumb or something. its irritating. because why lie?? i can smell it. your cheap ass axe or whatever it is that you ONLY wear when you smell like that doesnt cover it up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe sit him down and talk about it openly.  Tell him you can smell this, you're not mad, you just want to know if he needs extra support.

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Are you being annoying about him quitting? My husband is on day 4 and he has tried before but I never make him feel bad about it if he slips up. He seems afraid to tell you, maybe ashamed? it's a hard process so be as supportive as you can. Good job on quitting!!

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Lol at the man body spray. Did he want to quit or was he told to quit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Lol, try and find em.. its so upsetting when you quit and your partner cant quit with you, it makes it harder for YOU. But like you said, why lie about it? Why not be a grown ass man and be adult enough to be honest? Have a sit down and be like "I found em" call his bluff even if you havent. Im sure he'll panic like hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
My dh doesn't do well at quitting either when I confronted him he said he tried but couldn't do it I then gave him the number to the quit line 1800 quit now try that approach. Be honest and open and tell hi. That u love him but u still want him to quit
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. Just let him smoke,he's not pregnant. DH smokes and I don't care.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
not really. i tease him about it more than be bitchy. it doent happen everyday (him smoking) but when i notice i will say like who were you around oustide thaat was smoking wwhile you took the trash out and he will be like huh (deer in the headlights look) oh um idk what your talking bout...it doesnt make me mad i just dont understand why he lies

Quoting mygardenia:

Are you being annoying about him quitting? My husband is on day 4 and he has tried before but I never make him feel bad about it if he slips up. He seems afraid to tell you, maybe ashamed? it's a hard process so be as supportive as you can. Good job on quitting!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
we found out i was preggo at 5 weeks (the first sign was smoking mde me really sick and tasted HORRIBLE) i gave myself 3 weeks to quit. he offered to quit with me. i honestly dont really care its just so funny how he tries to hide it. what i do find irritating is that he lies like i really cant tell.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Lol at the man body spray. Did he want to quit or was he told to quit?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Maybe try and not even tease him. My husband teases me and I hate it! I just told him something now about it too lol. People who are quitting are more sensitive so maybe it's that? Just don't say anything and just let him quit on his own. If he brings it up than you comment. IDK, hope it helps!

Quoting caligirl7613:

not really. i tease him about it more than be bitchy. it doent happen everyday (him smoking) but when i notice i will say like who were you around oustide thaat was smoking wwhile you took the trash out and he will be like huh (deer in the headlights look) oh um idk what your talking bout...it doesnt make me mad i just dont understand why he lies

Quoting mygardenia:

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This. He's not going to quit just because you want him to. Appreciate the effort he's made by obviously cutting down and stop calling him out. I wish we had never called my exMIL out on it because then she figured it was out in the open and just started all out smoking. She would've smoked a lot less if she was still having to "hide" it.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Lol. Just let him smoke,he's not pregnant. DH smokes and I don't care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)