Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

which is "better"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My dd doesn't like stuff on her bread. Today we had our version of pb&j for lunch and my mil said "that's not lunch that's snacks."

Dd had 2 slices of whole grain bread (just take out of bag and hand them to her lol)
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
1 cup grapes
milk
and she asked for some cheese so I cut her a couple cubes of Colby.

So which is "better", traditional pb&j or this deconstructed version?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM
She didn't even eat all the peanuts :\
Erica705
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Who cares? Your version is better for your child.
PrissyKrissy02
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
The mostly unprocessed version sounds healthier lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Your lunch sounds healthier. Jelly is full of sugar, most peanut butter has added sugar. If they're getting all the food groups why does it matter how?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
just bored. I love MIL comment posts. It seems like once you become a mil everything you say is crazy.

Quoting Erica705:

Who cares? Your version is better for your child.

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I personally would prefer the deconstructed version - I HATE peanut butter and jelly.

LOL at your MIL... it's all the same stuff, so what if it isn't put together? My DS6 is like me with sandwiches... we take off the bread, then eat the bread. Then the cheese, and then the meat, lol. I rarely eat a sandwich as a sandwich... I prefer eating the components separately. 

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Good grief. I can't imagine being such an over involved grandparent or MIL. By the time either of those, I'm going to be basking in my freedom, not looming over my DIL's shoulder at what she's feeding her own kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM
That's dd. but if there is mayo or whatever she won't eat the bread. Or grilled cheese. Only likes plain ole whole wheat bread.

Quoting Superlaura328:

I personally would prefer the deconstructed version - I HATE peanut butter and jelly.

LOL at your MIL... it's all the same stuff, so what if it isn't put together? My DS6 is like me with sandwiches... we take off the bread, then eat the bread. Then the cheese, and then the meat, lol. I rarely eat a sandwich as a sandwich... I prefer eating the components separately. 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Yeah, mayo is gross. The only thing it's good for is deviled eggs ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's dd. but if there is mayo or whatever she won't eat the bread. Or grilled cheese. Only likes plain ole whole wheat bread.

Quoting Superlaura328:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think what she ate sounds fine and healthy. My kids are the same way, they will eat plain bread, but aren't fans of pb and j. They eat dry toast if we are having toast with breakfast as well because they just aren't fans of any condiments really. My son eats plain hot dogs, and my daughter will only have relish on hers, and it has to be dill relish, she wont eat sweet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN