Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chore division?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

This is for the parents where both work. How do you divide the chores up? The way we're trying out right now is, if one of us is off who ever is off does the chores, when we're both working we split them. For example, he works Mon-Thurs 10 hour shifts I work Sun-Wed 12 hour shifts. On Wed I'll get up before he gets home and have the chores done and dinner ready when he gets home at 5:30. On Sun he'll have all the chores done and dinner ready when I get up at 6. Other than that it'll be he does dishes and laundry, I make the bed and put up the laundry. We're depending a lot on the kids to do the rest. Their chores are dd13 sweeps the living room and kitchen and cleans her room, ds10 gets all their dirty laundry together for dh to do, ds 8 picks up any cans/paper and both boys sweep and clean their rooms. So how do you guys split the chores?

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I mostly do it all. Dh works long days 5-6 days a week. I work normal days and half day on Friday. But I have two teen dd's to help around the house. DH does cook dinner on his days off, but he is a chef so he better!!

morgan483
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I mostly do it all. Hubs picks up overtime when he can, so that works for us. I expect him to do a couple of things - take out the trash and help with the kids in the evenings.

mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

BUMP!

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I work 3 days a week, so, on my days off I do most everything. My ss, 10, also has Saturday chores. And we just do laundry as we have a full load. He does a lot of the laundry, but, then I will fold and put it away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)