Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parenting fails that bother you...Edit

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 605 Replies
8 moms liked this
Walking into the grocery store the other day and this mom and daughter walk in behind me.. Mom is wearing a jacket cause its cold out.. Her daughter is in a sleeveless shirt.. Come on.. She is maybe 3 yrs old.. Put a jacket on her or at least give her yours! ** I get that most kids dont like to wear jackets.. I wont force my kids too, however if its 30 degrees out your not going to find my kid in a sleeveless shirt.. I myself get hot easily so I hardly ever wear a jacket.**
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
85 moms liked this

Hah! you must never have had a child who refused to wear a coat.  You can try to force them, but SERIOUSLY? How many times do you think I am putting a coat on some one who does not want one.  All of my kids run hot.  I have to keep the windows open for them until October or they are too hot. ( We live in Michigan not Florida).  We went to the store yesterday... she had a coat, I carried the coat into the store because she kept taking it off.

And for you who are saying "I spank them and they wear the damn coat."  Really, you hit your child over THAT? I judge the heck out of people who hit their children over control issues that are not worth it.  She won't freeze... and she won't die.  Never met a kid who won't wear a coat  when they are actually cold.

suzanneyea
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
20 moms liked this

Mms with kids who have snot running down their nose or even worse, dried snot!

NikkiGross42
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Uhh my sister is like this! Wipe their noses!
Quoting suzanneyea:

Mms with kids who have snot running down their nose or even worse, dried snot!

orchardmoma
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Yep! My kids went through this many times and I did exactly this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Hah! you must never have had a child who refused to wear a coat.  You can try to force them, but SERIOUSLY? How many times do you think I am putting a coat on some one who does not want one.  All of my kids run hot.  I have to keep the windows open for them until October or they are too hot. ( We live in Michigan not Florida).  We went to the store yesterday... she had a coat, I carried the coat into the store because she kept taking it off.

And for you who are saying "I spank them and they wear the damn coat."  Really, you hit your child over THAT? I judge the heck out of people who hit their children over control issues that are not worth it.  She won't freeze... and she won't die.  Never met a kid who won't wear a coat  when they are actually cold.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My next door neighbor doesn't discipline her daughter at all, and it bugs the hell out of me.  The girl is so sweet, but obviously does not respect her mom; she just ignores anything her mom tells her. 

ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Same here almost exactly (even down to the Michigan part haha)!  My daughter is always hot and I am always freezing, so there are plenty of times that I am wearing a coat and she isn't.  However, depending on how cold she would at least be wearing a little bit of a sleeve if not long sleeves. 

Quoting Anonymous:

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM
8 moms liked this

I COULD NEVER GET MY KIDS TO WEAR CLOTHES!! LET ALONE COATS LOL. 

IT BOTHERS ME WHEN I AM IN THE GROCERY STORE AND A PARENT IS ON THE PHONE TALKING AWAY WHILE HER LITTLE ONE IS TRYING TO GET THEIR ATTENTION AND INSTEAD OF GIVING THE KID ATTENTION, THEY PARENT YELLS AT THEM! UUUGGHHH. 

I NOTICE ITS THE MOMS MORE THAN THE DADS. I SEE THE DADS PLAYING WITH THEM AND TAKING THEM FOR RIDES ON THE CARTS. 

nkki954
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
9 moms liked this

My dd is 13 and doesn't really seem to be affected by temperature changes (unless they are extreme). We live in South Florida, so I guess it's different.

She will wear a jacket in the middle of freaking summer with jeans.. and wear shorts and a t-shirt in the winter (well, in her defense winter is a joke here).

She also has Asperger's and that plays a major part of it... I'm sure people judge me when they see her, but I don't give a shit. Unless they are walking in my shoes (or hers) they wouldn't understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:24 AM
5 moms liked this
One thing that drives me insane and I see as a parenting fail is giving babies and other small children suckers.
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:25 AM
15 moms liked this
I hate seeing parents spank their kids in public oh and the ones who yell at their kids and threaten to whoop their asses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)