Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I have a right to be upset? (Please no bashing) I need female opinions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies

I'll make this as short and simple as possible. My boyfriend is in a bad situation with his babymama, right now she basically has the power over their daughter until he can get to court. (Which will be soon because he's moving in at my moms to save up money before we move in together).

So just a couple of week ago she was being crazy, saying how he would never see his daughter again and blah blah blah. He hasn't seen her that much due to her crazziness.  It's just this cycle. Well now she wants to get back together with him and is doing everything in her power to make that happen. Well he doesn't want to be mean about putting her down because she's let him see his daughter a lot recently (which i'm thrilled about) but i'm not happy that she keeps hitting on him and disrespecting me. (oh yeah, she doesn't know me but I'm not allowed to meet their daughter)

So this weekend my boyfriend went out to the bar to celebrate a friends birthday and he ended up telling her so she went to the same bar. They spent most of the night together and she conned him into thinking that she couldn't go home cause she was too drunk, car wasn't working right, ect. And he was too drunk too so I guess somehow they were dropped off at his place and she spent the night in his bed while he slept on the floor. He told me that he yelled at her to not try anything but I feel like this is really disrespectful for me because he keeps getting in situations were she will hit on him. And this is over and over again, even when he tell her he loves me and is all about me. And not to mention, the next day he took off of work to spend the day at her house with their daughter. I'm not used to this because for as long as I've known him she's been doing everything in her power to get him upset and not see his daughter and now he's sucking up to her and she keeps making moves.

He called me to update me with everything but he left the bar/over night thing out until I told him I was upset about the other details (Yes, theirs more lol)  and then he told me. He swears nothing happend and he would never cheat on me but I feel like he crossed the line with the bar/over night thing. Am I wrong to feel this way? I love him more then anything and I feel like he might be the one but this whole situation is really worrying me. I don't know if I should just step away from it so he can dedicated all his time for his daughter or what...

He told me he's willing to do what  I want about this whole ordeal, so would I be wrong to ask him not to spend any time around the babymama? (except family things.) I don't want to be that crazy girlfriend that only thinks of herself but I'm not willing to be constantly disrespected.

Please be nice about this, because i've been really wrestling with this as it is. So am I wrong to be upset? Am I over reacting? Should I step out of the way so he can suck up to her so he can see his daughter more?

Sorry for it being so long. Thanks to all the nice be in advance.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
10 moms liked this

I'm sorry but he fucked her. There is no way in hell they did all that and did not have sex. I am not buying it. I'm sorry you have to go through it, but it I would leave now, it seems as if he does not have anything in writing when it comes to custody and baby mama is always going to hold that over him.

JohnnysGirl27
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Personally, there'd be too much drama in all that for me. The BM obviously has more of a hold over your man than you do, so I would let them be. Unless he's willing to say to her, "Look, the only relationship I want is with my child, not you," and stick to that, I'd get out of the picture. It seems like it's probably just going to get worse. Good luck though with whatever you choose!!
newmom3012
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
3 moms liked this
If I were you I would leave. Nothing but drama can come out of this situation. Take it as a blessing you aren't married yet....
Britania
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't sound good.  If I were you, I would give him time to figure out what he wants and what he's going to do.  You should break up with him and tell him why.  He's not treating you like his girlfriend when this other girl is sleeping over his house.  The only reason you are letting it slide a bit is because it's his baby's mother.  If you don't get out now, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.  If it's meant to be, you and him will get back together when he is in a better place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see any good reason they should talk, hang out, or be together unless it is directly pertaining to the kid. Especially with the way she acts.
That's the only nice thing I can say here.
emsmom627
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

you should leave him.  you deserve better. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
If he's serious about you, he needs to drop the babymama and take her to court like a man. Make it about his dd and not babymama. She sounds like a peach. Gl w her.

As for you, don't let yourself be used. Stick around as long as you feel the relationship is still healthy, but if it starts going sour just walk away.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you want to start your life like this?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)