Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL wants DH's sperm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 287 Replies
3 moms liked this

And I am 100% against it. SIL is a lesbian and her and her partner want to have a baby. They have decided that the partner will be the one to get pregnant because 1. she is the one who will be the SAHM so this way she will be able to BF and 2 she doesn't have a male family member who could donate sperm to impregnate SIL. They want the one who is not carrying the baby to get sperm from a family member so the baby will be related to both sides of the family. Here is the problem, DH is the only man who would be able to do this. His brother had a vasectomy years ago, their father is dead (and that would be weird anyway) and there are no male cousins.

DH said he felt weird about it but asked me how I felt. I think it is so wrong. We are married so him getting another woman pregnant (even through artificial insemination) just feels wrong to me. I asked him how he would feel if I donated eggs to his brother and SIL and they had a baby using that, he said he would feel weird about it.  The other thing is, they said they wanted the child to know DH was the biological father once he or she was old enough to understand, so even to the child, he would be more then an uncle.

After discussing it, he told them that we just don't feel ok about it. They are angry with us because they feel like we are forcing them to give up what they want ( a child they are both related to). I don't feel bad, I am sorry they aren't getting what they want but it's not DH's just to provide SIL with the ingredient she can't contribute herself.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM

BUMP!

mushki
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Ew. That's a lab made inbred baby right?

Eta: I read again slowly. Too many lesbians getting pregnant  I misread. That is still so weird and no no no no. No!

Mrs_W
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

why is that even a topic they feel comfortable bringing up lol?  wtf

I would tell my SIL to find a man worth getting pregnant with that is not in the family. Be it IVF or naturally idc

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I wouldn't like that either, I was with them up until you said they would want the kid to know that your dh was the dad... No, I would not be cool with that.

CamoChick
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

tell them to go to a sperm bank

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

No, sorry tired to make it clear but it's hard. It would be DH's sperm with SIL's SO's egg (SIL is a lesbian)

Quoting mushki:

Ew. That's a lab made inbred baby right?

JessMc33
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
11 moms liked this
I wouldn't begrudge them asking. If you both don't feel comfortable with it that is your right but I don't think it's gross or anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree with you. If she wants a baby that damn bad, she can go hop on a dick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
8 moms liked this
I would be all for helping, but not eventually turning into uncle dad. How weird. And just think they could start requesting assistance and his time and all that. Hell no.
Jammin.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Nervy motherfuckers, huh?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)