Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quit feeding your kids crap

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
A lot of moms on here SAY they don't feed there kids processed crap. So can you guys help me make a meal plan or give me recipes?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shygurl3166
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Bump
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. Since there are SO many ladies who don't feed their kids processed food, you should help those of us not-so-perfect moms and give us your healthy recipes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HumanBeing
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I like making fajitas. I make the marinade from scratch which is cheaper and healthier. It's sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, basil, red wine vinegar vegetable oil, salt and pepper.

You can buy fresh made tortillas. I serve it with some quinoa or rice and a veggie.

I recommend allrecipes.com

I do feed my kids some crap but I try to mostly cook from scratch and avoid using already made sauces.

Today we are doing take out because I'm sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Well that's funny I'm making those tonight lol

Quoting HumanBeing:

I like making fajitas. I make the marinade from scratch which is cheaper and healthier. It's sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, basil, red wine vinegar vegetable oil, salt and pepper.

You can buy fresh made tortillas. I serve it with some quinoa or rice and a veggie.

I do feed my kids some crap but I try to mostly cook from scratch and avoid using already made sauces.

ZombieMeat
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
What types of food(meat, produce, etc) do you eat?
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I'll be back with sine fantastic recipes!!!! :-)
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

That's kind of vague, anything you can buy in a box you can make yourself.  What are you looking to make?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

What kinds of recipes are you looking for? 

KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
There's lots of healthy stuff you could eat. My friend runs a FB group , and posts healthy meals every day.

Even "healthy" foods have much of crap inside. I would just probably go for organic, and the least harmful stuff.
HumanBeing
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously fajitas are so good!

I won't always cut it up. I will do it without tortillas too. I also don't buy kraft cheese but get it from the deli counter because it's real cheese.

For me cutting out certain items is what helped. I do not but fruit snacks. I don't buy premade sauces. It's easy to make spaghetti sauce, marinades, salad dressing , etc..

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's funny I'm making those tonight lol

Quoting HumanBeing:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN