Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF!!!! I can't believe my eyes!!! Update***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
And the nerve of some people!!! We have an au pair, my husband both work long hours building our law firm, we aren't able to be there for our kids as much as we would like to be. We used to have my mom with the kids, but it was too much for her, we have three kids, twin boys who are 10 and a 14 year old daughter, all three are active in school and sports. We decided a live in au pair would be perfect, the one we have now is from France, the kids all have learned a lot from her, she is great with them and works perfect in the family. Part of the au pair program is that they also go to school here. So this morning I was cruising the Craigslist ads looking for hockey equipment for my boys, I stumbled across an ad placed by my au pair looking for a part time sitter to help out with "her" kids while she is in school!!! My kids are in school full time, she has all day to go to classes and work on her studies, so how is it that she needs someone to "help" her, and if she was overwhelmed, why did she not approach us?? Do I have a right to be pissed? How would you approach the au pair about looking for a part time nanny for "her" kids??

I don't need any grief about rich people problems or that I should be "raising" my own kids, just want to know how to approach it!!

Update in replies, page 10, #96
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephensmommy06
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this

one word...FIRED

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
7 moms liked this
Straight up ask her with ad in hand No sense pussy footing around it when it's an issue that involves your children.
cupomeow
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
5 moms liked this
Reply to the ad. Ask her to meet at the park. Wear a wig and glasses.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Print the ad
Maybe even start emailing her
And print them out
Go home and fire her and notify who you need to
EmilyG10
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I would be pissed and bring it up to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I would ask her point blank. Is there anything in your contract about such things?  This would tick me off beyond belief!  It's not her place to have someone else care for your children and you not know about it. 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Oh no!  That is horrible!  Maybe you can print it out and sit and talk to her.

My friend has been using au pairs for 7 years now and she has said nothing but wonderful things.  It's cheaper than getting a regular nanny in most cases.  I wish we had the room to hire one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I'd totally fire her.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I'd confront her....she's trying to hire some stranger to watch YOUR children.  Nervy wench

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This! If the job is too much for her, now would be a good time for her to speak up and give notice. 

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Straight up ask her with ad in hand No sense pussy footing around it when it's an issue that involves your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured