Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

little remedies??? Newborn

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My 3 day old son is very gassy and he spits up after almost every feeding (not directly after but around 30 min to an hour after). I am exclusively breastfeeding and my milk is already in. Now that its in he is spitting up even more because hes taking in more.

We burp him after every feeding and he burps a few times but he is still spitting up, gassy and burping on his own.

I was thinking of trying Little Remedies gripe water and gas drops.. Is he too young?? I just feel so bad, he keeps spitting up and hes so gassy :(

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Burp him more often during his feeding(yes it is a pain but it helps). Chances are he's taking in to much air and causing so much spit up. it happened with both my boys and burping them ever 5 mins almost stopped all the spit up. They only did it once in a while. Also try tummy massage and doing bicycle leg moves. Also take a look at your diet. Something that you are eating can be causing hsis gas.
couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I gave my newborn gripe water. Worked like a charm.
It wasn't little remedies though. I think it was Nature something or other.
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Have you tried burping him while feeding? Looked at your diet to see if anything you are eating is upsetting his stomach? He could have an allergy/intolerance to something.
Del672
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I agree with Hannab.  I really had to watch what I ate when BF'g.   No caffeine, garlic, and onions usually bothered them.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Try burping him more often during the feeding. There are possibly gassy bubbles trapped down in his tummy. Also look into what you are eating that could be causing that as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I would not think so, but i would call the pedi and ask, I used gentle naturals for ds when he was about 3 weeks old. He was the best baby, but between 6 and 11:00 pm all he would do is cry. You could also maybe have an over active let down, are you in the breast feeding group? They can be a big help.

Good luck!

starbuckmom03
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Try cutting out foods to see if what you are eating is effecting him.

Kellymom This link takes you to a topic on foods that mom eats that might give babies a gassy yummy.

lesalmi
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
He may be mildly allergic to something in your diet. Look at what you are eating
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Try nursing laying back. Sounds like over active letdown and oversupply.

starbuckmom03
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Also, looking at the comment right above me reminded me of this: Could your baby be getting too much foremilk and not enough hind milk? The hind milk is richer and stays down.

Also, you could be dealing with a fast flow and here is the link at kellymom to help with that.

You might want to see if there is a breastfeeding group in your area. Le Leche League is a great one. Click on the link to find a group in your area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN