Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you shower with your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies
if yes, why?

if no, why not?

when is too old to shower with a kid?

how did you transition the kid to showering alone?

for me it's a time saver.

I shower with my 4.5 year old son and 2 year old daughter everyday or night.

the three of us can be in and out in 15 mins flat, son gets out drys off and gets dressed, I dry off, get my daughter dried off and in a diaper, I get dressed, dress my daughter do her hair. throw my hair up we're out the door in 30 mins flat.

if my son showers alone he is in there for 20 plus mins

and my daughter won't take a bath at all even if I'm in there with her, she hates water more than an inch deep...

so what say you ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krysta622
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Not anymore. I did when they were younger occasionally. My shower is when I can maybe get some peace.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Yes sometimes. when I'm taking a shower and dh is not home they will jump in with me or play in the bathroom. They are 19 months and 3. Its mainly my 19 month old that does it.
Ray-of-Beezy
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Sometimes. He's almost 4 and always wants to get into the shower with me. If we're in a rush then yes, I allow him to get in. If I'm trying to relax and shave, no.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I used to a lot, but now that he's 3, I can actually sit him down with a cartoon and a snack and know he will sit for 15 min. Soit's easier for me to hop in the shower, then put him in the bath later.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Yep, it's relaxing and quicker for us.  Not every night, but it's an option.  Ds is 10 months.  Dd (5) sometimes will but not ds (8).

Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Ds doesnt get in when im bathing and showerinf. But when hes getting a bath I get in. it just makes it easier for me
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Occasionally with my 6 yo Dd. Saves time and money when I just jump in there with her when we have a late night.
CocoaKisses70
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, my showers/baths are mine and mine alone to enjoy :0)

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I've never showered with my child..... my husband use to take baths with our son. Or rather my husband would be taking a bath and our son would undress and break into the bathroom..... but he out grew that....

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Nope.  I will with young babies/toddlers but past that, no way.

I don't want mine to ever feel uncomfortable like that.  I was raised by my grandma and seriously, scarred for life at about seven years old.  So I'm pretty uptight about this one, probably.

I stopped letting DS be around me if I was changing when he was three.  Nursed him for a couple months past age three, and he sees me nurse his baby sister (often a halfnaked mess at this point) but... I just can't do everyday nakedness.  Somehow nursing is different for me, I suppose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)