Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want my boyfriends daughter around......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been together going on two years. We both have a daughter from previous marriages, my daughter will be three this month, and his will be five in January, we also share a son together who is 6 months. Well anyways, when I first met his daughter she was the sweetest thing, but that has all changed. Now she breaks things, for example she broke a lamp, and then broke my bracelet, and not literally five minutes after I had a talk about breaking other peoples things, she breaks my daughters wand. Then we have a sit and spin for the girls and it was my daughter's turn, well when I walked out of their room to go get the baby, I hear a loud thud, and go in the girl's room, and she pushed my daughter off the toy, and made her hit her head. Then, when we are in the car, she shakes her brothers car seat, even after I say stop continuously. Once I told her to stop then five minutes later she starts kicking it. She also is rough with him, and grabs him by the neck like he is a doll.  I'm really at my witts end because she is constantly bullying my children. She hits my daughter, and takes her toys but doesn't share. She whines and cries and throws huge fits when she doesn't get her way. I'm getting to the point where I don't want her around, and talking to her, and grounding isn't working, and he even spanks her but nothing. If she's not the one getting all the attention or anything she is a brat. What do I do... I mean I have no clue... I've had continual talks with my boyfriend and he says he'll talk to her but we've done this, and I'm tired of my kids getting hit and bullied. EDIT: Her father and her do daddy daughter dates every week as well, so he spends one on one time with her, I understand the jealousy thing, but now its affecting the safety of my kids. We have her Friday-Monday, and no she has been bad before the baby, it just seems to keep getting worse and worse.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Her life would be hell every visit because I'd be watching her like a hawk. The kid literally would never get a moment alone, I'd be on her like white on rice lol. Every time she acted up it would be an instant punishment, followed by me watching her again. It would be like that until she could learn to behave properly. That kid would be accompanying me to the bathroom even, not one second alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

BUMP!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
5 moms liked this

Well you deal like it like you would if it was your children behaving that way toward eachother, maybe she can sense that you have a your his kid, these are my kids kind of attitude and is acting out because she feels unwanted that she doesn't belong.  Try including her as your family member, people who act out need love 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Try a little compassion and understanding. This little girl now has a new brother that he Daddy lives with. I'm not excusing her behavior or saying she shouldn't be punished. The addition of a new child has to be difficult for her. Please don't show her your frustration. It will only make the situation worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I do treat her like she is my own child, I would never treat any child different from the other. They all have the same rules and they all get the same treatment/same punishment. I do punish her like I would mine, but it doesn't work because not even five minutes later she does it again.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Well you deal like it like you would if it was your children behaving that way toward eachother, maybe she can sense that you have a your his kid, these are my kids kind of attitude and is acting out because she feels unwanted that she doesn't belong.  Try including her as your family member, people who act out need love 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Sounds like she has a lot going on in her life. How often is she over?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Does he have her fulltime?

My SS is violent and now we leave when he is over.

Try talking to her doctor about seeing a counseler for her. Sounds like she's just acting out because she's jealous. The baby is still "new".

Have dad spend time with her one on one.

The only other option is leave him. Which I know usually isn't a wanted option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I completely understand, but we have another daughter too, who doesn't act out like this, and the situation is the same for her.... I've shown her compassion, I never show her my frustrations, I've even had talks about jealousy and everything, and why brother needs a little more attention, her father and her even do a daddy daughter date every week, I don't know what else needs to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Try a little compassion and understanding. This little girl now has a new brother that he Daddy lives with. I'm not excusing her behavior or saying she shouldn't be punished. The addition of a new child has to be difficult for her. Please don't show her your frustration. It will only make the situation worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN