Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sahm and dh got fired today......ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 198 Replies

I am a sahm due to a situation out of my control. A car wreck ended my EMS career. My DH was fired last week after new management took over. We have no savings and i have  no idea what is going to happen to us. He has applied for unemployment but i dont know how long that is going to take. He has to wait three months before he can get a refund for his retirement. Ladies i cant stop crying. We are going to lose everything and i dont know what to do about food. I applied for foodstamps but they are wanting documentation that costs money to obtain. ugh!!! 

ETA...I was saying that birth certificates cost money. I do have the short forms for both children, however, they want the long forms. I never asked for money. The member who offered really touched my heart. I set up a Wish Upon A Hero account. Thanks for all that encouraged me today. I really needed it. I know we will make it through this. God has always made a way when it seemed there was no answer. He is working hard on finding another job. The bad thing about law enforcement jobs is that it takes forever to complete all of the testing before you actually get hired and start working. I talked with the Police Retirement System today and we cannot touch his account for 90 days. It was not a 401K. Theres $8000 in it of his money. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

What documentation that costs money?  When i did it, it was just pay stubs, taxes, and proof of address.  Regardless, pay the fees and get what you need.  Can you work from home?  Babysitting maybe?

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Take it easy...one thing at a time.Unemployment can take a few weeks to get.Your caseworker will help you get the things that you need.Usually its paystubs,utilities,birth certificates,social security cards etc.Hit up some food banks if you can and just start saving where you can.Im sure he will get at least one more paycheck.Are you able to work at all?I mean do you get disability or anything like that.There is also ways you can work from home(customer service).Hang in there.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Get a job?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Are you on disability?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Get a job. I am sure you are able to type, write, use a computer. Plenty of jobs doing that. 

.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
There is no document they require that costs money to get...
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Birth certificates do.

Quoting .PinkHart.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Maybe you are confused on what documentation you need unless you've lost important documentation like birth certificates etc. In that case you need to pawn something, sell something, whatever it takes to get that money. 

File for unemployment if you can. if you are disabled are you on disability? 

You need to look for ways to earn money either by selling things or doing odd jobs. Then it's time for you both to look for new employment. With the holidays you should be able to find work. 

.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I have never heard of supplying a bc for Fs.

Quoting mattsgirl22521:

Birth certificates do.

Quoting .PinkHart.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

They should have those, if they've lost them they are not costly. If he just lost his job they should have the $10 to get it replaced. 

Quoting mattsgirl22521:

Birth certificates do.

Quoting .PinkHart.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured