Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You hate children? LONG

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Long story short:

My grandma adopted my three cousins, DC1, DC2, DC3. Their mom, my aunt, was a druggie alcoholic.

DC1 had two babies with two different baby daddy's. Her DS1 lives with her mom (my aunt has reformed her druggie and alcoholic ways). Her DS2 lives with his dad.

DC2 has two kids, and she is my BFF.

DC3 has 1 DD.

Dc1 & DC3 are both druggies and pill poppers, so DC2 took DC3's DD from her. DC1& DC3 are doing meth in a trailer park.

Ok, so now that the interesting part is out of the way, here is my dilemma. DC2 and I planned for our two families to go on vacation and we rented a house together. Originally just 7 of us.

Then she invited our grandma to come with us, that makes it 8.

Then she invited her mom and DC1's DS, and I put my foot down and said NO. I did not want to vacation with a zoo. In one house. It's a vacation...

Now she told me, one month before we are going, that she has to bring DC3's DD because she is getting legal custody of her and she has no where to keep her.

I'm ok with her getting legal custody, I honestly am, but I doubt she will actually do it.
I'm mad because we went from 7 to 9 people in a 4 bedroom house. I'm mad because this was supposed to be a vacation and now instead of just 3 kids, there will be 3 kids and a BABY (under 1yo)! I'm also mad because I half to pay half for my grandma, because she is poor and doesn't have a job and it's her 70th birthday, and I felt guilty, so she's coming.

Did you keep up? Any questions? Go ahead bash me. I understand, it does seem like I hate kids, and my DC2 believes I hate kids, and she's not talking to me right now. But we already bought our tickets and paid our rental in full, so we are all going. There's no turning back.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

That was too hard to follow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Oh, we are going to Disney and my grandma has never been, which is why I felt guilty and agreed for her to come. But we have to pay $70 a day for an electric wheelchair for her, because she is 300lbs and can't walk.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Why add the whole beginning part. Too much confusion to start it all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I know. I'm sorry. Basically i have three cousins, two are druggies and they have three kids, and my safe mature cousin is adopting one of their kids. Make the story easier for you?

Quoting CBMMOM:

That was too hard to follow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM

You don't have to pay for half of her trip. You aren't the one that invited her. Just say tell your cousin that you can't pay for half of the grandma's trip and leave it to your cousin to figure out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yup totally couldn't follow that and now I don't really care.
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I feel your pain. 

A) did she check in with you about inviting gma?  I think bringing her along is a good idea, but she should have asked.

B) nothing you can do about the baby.  If the kid is in her care, shes in her care. 

C) No way in hell would I let a meth head come on my vacation. 

I would compromise around some things and put my foot down about others.  Good luck! 

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I couldn't keep up 100% but once you got to the inviting of others to YOUR VACATION, I checked out

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I do strongly dislike most kids that aren't my own, and I would have no problem pulling the plug on that one. I hate being pushed/tricked into stuff. You could try to put me in a situation like that once, and I repeat, TRY, and I'd tell you exactly where to shove it.

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I get your frusterdation but it doesn't seem like there is much you can do at this point. You can either chose to sulk and ruin what is left of your plans or chose to accept it and make the best of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)