Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Flying with minors

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
My mother and mother in law will be flying with my 2 kids (6 & 4) to California where the kids and I are moving. What do they need in order to fly? Or do they even need any form of id? This will be there first time flying so any pointers or helpful hints are appreciated
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Muffins89
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM

i flew with my 2 (2&4) in july and i didn't need any kind of id for them, though i had their birth certificqtes and socials where i could get to them if i needed them. i never needed them though. 

sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Check with the airline, you may need a letter signed by a notary public giving permission for your kids to travel without you.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I have never had to show ID for my kids and they have both flown a handful of times.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Call the specific airline and ask.  We could say nothing is needed but you would hate to find out at the gate that they need an authorized letter from your husband (if he is not traveling with you).

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Great idea, thanks!

Quoting sugieboogieboo:

Check with the airline, you may need a letter signed by a notary public giving permission for your kids to travel without you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN