Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you have done if you saw this?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I was at my part time job yesterday. I work at a gas station. So this kid ( probably 11 or 12) and his dad came in arguing. I was busy and not listening to what they were arguing about as they went to our deli section. A few minutes later I hear "but why!!" As they came up to the counter. They went to the other cashier as I had a customer. They had two sandwiches, two things of chips, cookies and sodas. The kid picks up a candy bar off the rack and the dad says no. And the kid yells "but why?!" again. The dad picked it up and put it back on the rack without another word. The kid grabbed it again and threw it at the cashier and screamed "ring it up!l" then turned to his dad and yelled "you can't tell me what I can and can't eat!! Now buy the damn thing!!" The dad put it back again and said "that is all" so the other cashier rang up what they had to start with. Well I had to go outside to do a propane exchange as they are walking out the door. So I am right behind them. As they get out the door the dad grabs the kid by the arm, whips him around to face him and in a low voice says "if you ever fucking act like that in public again I swear I will fucking bury you where you stand. Now get in the truck now" and they left. I was shocked on all fronts. I did the propane exchange went back inside and my coworker was like what the hell was that?!? I was like I have no idea. How would you have reacted. We both just stood there. Me in both situations.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao! I thunk too, and agree with both you ladies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I do that too

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

I'm a fan of the thunk (my DDs term for when I flick her with my finger for being rude.)

Quoting Anonymous:

If my kid would have done that in the store, I would have backhanded his ass right there.

That is the preteen age and with those hormones starting up, some kids that age are straight up assholes.
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like the kid deserved it. However, if that is how he disciplines, no wonder the kid is a little shit to begin with. It's the fathers fault his kid is that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing. My kid had better fear the day he decides to act  like that.

I would have put his lunch back while i dragged his happy disrespectful rear to the bathroom for a good spanking, I would have paid for my food and left. He could have peanut butter when we got home.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter told a kid in her class last year, that told the teacher to shut up, that, if she had talked to a teacher like that, she would have gotten her butt whipped so he should be glad he just got time out. I'm a teacher at my kids' school so they know that, if I have to leave my class with my TA and take them out for a long talk and whip their butts at home, I will. I know everything they get up to.

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

My oldest does the same thing. Last time it happened we were at the grocery store. A much younger (probably 2 or 3) kid was throwing a tantrum. My daughter leaned over to my son and said "trust me that doesn't work with mom don't even try it. Not only do you not get what you want but you won't get anything next time either." And my son just nodded at her. Not going to lie I was behind the cart hiding a smile.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Yeah, I try to stay away from empty threats like death or dismemberment. My kids wouldn't act like that and, if they did, they certainly wouldn't do it again. I would make my child go back inside and appolgize after he got his ass whipped. I misread that. I was thinking that was a younger child. For a 11 or 12 year old, he would have been in a shit ton of trouble. My five year old is old enough to know better. It shocks her when other kids act like that. Some stranger's 11 or 12 year old was pitching a fit in Walmart for a game and his mother bought it for him to shut him up. She spend the rest of the night ranting about how ridiculous that was and how she coudn't believe that there were mommies who actually gave their kids what they want when they pitched tantrums like that and she would have gotten her butt whipped for acting like that.

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

I may not have been physically dead but I wouldn't have seen the outside world besides school for a very very very long time had it been me with my mom and I wouldn't have been walking straight.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

I would have whipped my kid's ass if they acted like that but I wouldn't have threatened death or cussed at them.

CafeMom Tickers

RonaH
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have never made it out of the store alive when i was that kids age. My daughter is that age now and she wouldn't make it out either. LOL

MotherOfBee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Sounds like dad put him in his place outside. My parents would straighten us out immediately if we had done that. We knew better than to throw things on the counter when our parents said 'no'. Hell, sometimes, before we entered the store, my mom would say, "Don't ask for anything because you're not getting it." Lol. We went in, got what we came for & left.
Allebas
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW!! That guy sounds scary!! When my kids ask me to buy something for them, if I say, "No," they know that is it! Do not ask again! They have been raised this way since they were little. No means no--period!

Newfie_Mom
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM
My daughter hates it (which is why I do it) she said its makes her feel like a little kid getting her ear pulled which I also do. Not hard but enough to get their attention of hey knock it off. I can count the number of times I have had to spank my kids on one hand with fingers left over. Because when they test me I follow through so they don't test me. And as my oldest has learned and continuously warns her younger siblings if your going to act up you better do it for mom because if she finds out you disrespected someone else it's twice as bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I do that too

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

I'm a fan of the thunk (my DDs term for when I flick her with my finger for being rude.)

Quoting Anonymous:

If my kid would have done that in the store, I would have backhanded his ass right there.

That is the preteen age and with those hormones starting up, some kids that age are straight up assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Would've given the dad a sympathetic nod
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have done a thing. The kid was acting like an ass and his father handled the situation in a way that works for him. I don't necessarily agree with swearing at the boy, but other than that I wouldn't care. My dad did that and worse when we were kids and it didn't screw me up too bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN