Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So frustrated!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I'm sure I'll be bashed for this. My ds will be 16 in a week. Today his school called, he's not doing any of his work and mouths off a lot. They want to put him in ALE for the rest of the year. He doesn't want to do it. He has been miserable at this school due to bullying and teachers who won't actually explain anything. He lived with my mom for a few years and attended a different school, he's very smart but won't put out any effort. He can't play any sports or get his driver's license until his grades come up. I don't want to do ALE because it's until May, but I know I've got to do something. The school doesn't care what the root of the problem is and he won't tell me anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM
He has no friends here, and does not go anywhere other than church.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't make excuses for him.  If he does things he shouldn't there are consequences.  He cannot have things exactly the way he wants.  Until he is an adult and is the one in charge, he will have to follow the rules. 

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
ALE is alternative learning I assume? I would make him go. He can get away from the bullies and have teachers who may be better able to teach a student like him.
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Did he have problems at the other school he attended? Can he return to that school?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
actually, and this is what my adult son is learning right now, is that even as an adult you don't get to make many rules but still need to follow a bunch of other people's rules.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't make excuses for him.  If he does things he shouldn't there are consequences.  He cannot have things exactly the way he wants.  Until he is an adult and is the one in charge, he will have to follow the rules. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I know, I also know that if he has it in his head that he isn't going to do something,he won't do it. So forcing him isn't always a better option.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
In theory it should be, here they just have coaches making them do work. He's very smart just doesn't try, and doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

Quoting cupomeow:

ALE is alternative learning I assume? I would make him go. He can get away from the bullies and have teachers who may be better able to teach a student like him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM
He wasn't a straight A student there,either. It was an easier school, they're standards weren't as high and his friends were a pretty rough bunch. I thought it would be better here, instead he just has no friends. He says if he goes to ALE he just won't do anything.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Did he have problems at the other school he attended? Can he return to that school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)