Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Craigslist

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 50 Replies

Do you browse craigslist?

Have you ever found anything worthwhile on there?

Any craigslist horror stories?

Personally i love craigslist, we are very careful, but if used the right way and taken proper precaution craigslist can be very beneficial.

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM
My friend bought bunk beds off of it and ended up with bedbugs. She only bought the frames (no mattresses). The bug guy said the people who sold it had to know they were selling something infested with bedbugs. I've bought lots of stuff and never had an issue.
heathers5500
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a train table with a wooden Thomas box on wheels filled with wooden Thomas track,Trains and buildings and most of the buildings are discontinued. It also came with an 18 gallon tote full of Geo trax for 120.00
HyrulianHer0ine
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

eek! bed bugs are a huge fear of mine. i hope to never run into any. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend bought bunk beds off of it and ended up with bedbugs. She only bought the frames (no mattresses). The bug guy said the people who sold it had to know they were selling something infested with bedbugs. I've bought lots of stuff and never had an issue.

HyrulianHer0ine
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

bump

greenlove2013
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I get clothes off of there and got a bed for my daughter with new mattresses. No problems at all.
momwriter
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I've gotten several writing gigs/jobs from it.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have gotten a few things and never had any problems. We have gotten free sand for our kids sandbox. Got a bread machine for free. We just got a Cello for $95 this weekend. My Dd is not sure if she wants to play the cello or violin. I have always wanted to learn the Cello. So if she doesn't I will learn to play it.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Craigslist!!

Have I ever found anything worthwhile on there? Yes. DH :P We met on Craigslist 8 years ago and have been inseperable ever since. But as far as deals, we're forever finding good stuff on there (but then again, we live in a large city so it's easier)...we mostly go on there and find baby stuff (infant swings and bouncers, etc).

No horror stories...I use common sense when it comes to ALL dealings with Craigslist people.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently bought a bunch of Tommee Tippee bottles with colic nipples and inserts plus handles. Over $80 worth of stuff, brand new, and I paid $40.

A couple of months ago I also bought a brand new Moby Wrap for $25.

I had a booster seat (not car, for the table) and was asking $10. They wanted it for $5 and for me to bring it to them. I said sure. $5 for the seat and an additional $5 for gas.

Fucking idiots.

HyrulianHer0ine
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

that's awesome! how cute ^_^

Quoting robibuni:

I love Craigslist!!

Have I ever found anything worthwhile on there? Yes. DH :P We met on Craigslist 8 years ago and have been inseperable ever since. But as far as deals, we're forever finding good stuff on there (but then again, we live in a large city so it's easier)...we mostly go on there and find baby stuff (infant swings and bouncers, etc).

No horror stories...I use common sense when it comes to ALL dealings with Craigslist people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN