Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let our cat bite and scratch my son!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
6 moms liked this
Yep, I sure did! My son keeps bugging the cat (who is typically very sweet and laid back). The cat usually will try and run away if she's bothered enough, but today, my son finally got it when he kept pestering her and she bit his hand lightly as a warning and then scatched him and ran away when he decided to try and pull her out from under the chair. I allowed him to get scratched so that he would learn his lesson and guess what? He hasn't brothered her since and that was 2 days ago. He loves her and like I said, normally she's sweet as pie and isn't skittish or mean at all, but like anyone else, sometimes she wants to be left alone and he had to learn the hard way. Bash away!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM
How old is your son
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Natural consequences

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Do u want attention
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
He'll be 3 on the 20th.

Quoting greenlove2013:

How old is your son

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Depends on how old your son is.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Meh. My 3 year old wouldn't stop pulling the cats tail no matter what we did. He usually just deals with it and then runs away. The last time she did it, he turned around and nipped her. Guess who hasn't pulled the cats tail again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM
My daughter was the same age and finally learned to leave the cat alone. She is 3 1/2 now, only pets the cat and walks away

Quoting Anonymous:

He'll be 3 on the 20th.

Quoting greenlove2013:

How old is your son

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Yup we did the same thing for our dd.  She had to learn the natural consequences and the cats language since he does not speak human english.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM
He's turning 3 this month.

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Depends on how old your son is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Good, I really hope that's how he is now for good too. He isn't mean to her. He just tried to play or pick her up or pull her out from a comfy place and I have told him over and over about personal space and letting her come to him when she wants to play. I feel with how old he is and with how many times I have tried to avoid a scratch or bite, he is capable of getting a lesson from the cat instead.

Quoting greenlove2013:

My daughter was the same age and finally learned to leave the cat alone. She is 3 1/2 now, only pets the cat and walks away

Quoting Anonymous:

He'll be 3 on the 20th.

Quoting greenlove2013:

How old is your son

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)