Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No you can NOT move back in

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
3 moms liked this
Long story short my DD decided right after she turned 18 that she wanted to move out and get married to a guy she barely knew. I was there for her but made it very clear to her that if she moved out and got married that she was on her own. She was an adult and she needed to figure things out for herself

Well now their lease is up and she wants to move back in (rent free) until they save up money to buy a new place. I told her no. First off I dont really feel comfortable with him moving in because I do not know him that well and as I told her she is on her own she needs to figure it out. They both have jobs and have been paying rent they can find another place. I am also pissed that she asked me not only to move in but to live here rent free. She wanted to be an adult and having your lease be over and having to find another place to live is part of that.

ETA: my DD just wants to live with us to live rent free. Her and her DH have jobs and work full time. Their rent is only $475 a month which is a lot less than they both make. They have so far not saved up any money so far. I used bad wording in my post when I said they were savign up to buy. They are not trying to buy a house or saving for a downpayment. I dont think they are trying to save up at all just living rent free. It would be one thing if they had money already in savings or were saving for a down payment. But the fact that she didnt want to pay rent and only wants to live rent free isnt a good reason for her to move back in. I dont enable mooching and that is what she is trying to do
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Good for you
YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I agree with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I wouldn't let her move back in either.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I think you are doing the right thing.

elfling811
by Niki on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Agreed.
askyourmother
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I'm on your side.
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Good choice
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Stay strong. You are doing things right.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I agree with you.
homeschoolmom9
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
8 moms liked this
She is your daughter. So I think you are a jerk
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured