Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister is a Pothead and I'm sick of it! Vent..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

Let me preface this by saying I do not think there is anything inherently wrong with smoking weed. I smoke on occasion and have for over 20 years. There was a time in my youth when I was a daily user...for many years actually.

But this is my problem now. My sister has four children and she is stoned pretty much the entire day. She smokes right after the kids get on the bus, smokes another 3-6 times before they get home, sneaks out to the garage after they are home, and smokes up until going to bed. I am not kidding you, her and her SO smoke a ridiculous amount of pot on a daily basis.

Her house looks like shit. She constantly complains about how the kids and hubby never pick up after themselves but she sits on her ass most of the day on the computer (she may be reading this right now!!). She is a SAHM and I see her literally walking in circles trying to clean the house and organize things...but her brain is so fried from all the pot she can't get anything done! It's like she is so damned soaked in THC that it has actually inhibited her normal brain functioning. She just doesn't think very well anymore.

I used to have really great conversations with her about social issues, current events, philosophical debates, etc. Now going to visit her is like that Bill Murray movie, Groundhog's Day....same shit over and over and over. It's all small-minded talk about small-minded issues. Usually nasty gossip about people she knows, bitching about her SO,  complaining about shit that is mostly her own fault, yada yada yada.

The WORST part is the fact that the kids are now aware that Mom and Dad "smoke" even though they are not smokers. Her eldest kept asking her why she smelled smoke in the house or on her breath or would find a little smoking pipe in the house, my sister's great parenting stragety was to tell her child....

"Look, I am an adult and I do not have to answer your questions. There are some things that Mommy does that is a Do As I Say And Not As I Do behavior. Do not ask me about this anymore and do not tell anyone about this either".

IMHO that is a form of child abuse....having your children keep the secret that Mom and Dad are using illegal drugs (and yes her kids have been through the Just Say No thing at school, they are not stupid, they do realize that the smoke is NOT from cigarettes) is a horrible burden to place on children...not to mention the groundwork she is laying for the teenage years! 

I am just so disgusted with her right now! As I said previously I have and still do on occasion smoke pot...but not the way she does. It's made her stupid and not nice to be around. It has made her lazy in her SAHM duties and the actual parenting she does is pretty shitty. Most importantly I think it is really hurting her children.

Ugh! I just had to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Omg grow up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Then why haven't you contacted cps?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Mind your own business. You sound immature
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Oh the kids are fine. Fed, clothed, toys, school, snacks, bed, blankets. MYOB!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Grow UP
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
So she smokes when they're at school and outside when they're home..... and manages to keep them fed, clothed, not abused... and you're upset?

Get a life
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I understand. My brother is the same way. Only he is 23 and doesn't have any kids. I don't talk to him very much or visit him because I don't want my kids around it. Its like he can't put down the bong for 10 min to have a relationship with his nieces and nephews? I don't care that he smokes. He refuses to visit me because I won't allow him to smoke in my house. We used to be really close but I just don't feel like talking about the same stupid stuff over and over again. Before I had kids I was worse than he was and now I'm like, is that what I was like??? Thank god I quit before I smoked myself retarded lol.

EDIT:

Look at all the potheds replying to your post defending your pothead sister! SHOCKING lol

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

So fed and not abused are your standards lol. Way to set the bar!

Quoting Anonymous:

So she smokes when they're at school and outside when they're home..... and manages to keep them fed, clothed, not abused... and you're upset?

Get a life

Jammin.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I like how the same person made the first few comments.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN