Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

big bang!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Sooo we cancelled our TV, right now we have hulu plus and netflix, DH and I wanted to watch big bang theory (we're using a Wii for hulu and netflix) but can not get it on there, if I go on using the computer to hulu they have it sooo wondering if its possible to watch it on the Wii? I tried CBS website but all it shows is the symbol in the middle of the top of the screen :( DH got annoyed and went to bed cause i couldnt get it to come on lol

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM
You only need it if you have an old tv.

Quoting Anonymous:

What dies a digital converter do? I have rabbit ears but only get like 10 channels

Quoting SageAdvice:

Buy a digital converter box and rabbit ears - cost $50 tops for both.  We get 74 channels free. My son watches BB every night in re-runs and then on reg night on CBS

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyanntech
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM

yes i have to be on the pc to watch any CBS show.. i did the same thing hulu and netflix but my is thou a ruko system i got for $50. and it also has more free movie channels and stuff.. but i still only get CBS on the pc.. :( i hope they change that soon..

www.roku.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Find a website that has the show on there. Like sidereel, primewire.ag, allmyfavs.com which can direct you to sites that stream the shows.
SageAdvice
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM

true some what - -  I have new TV's all less than 6 months old. I get tons more free channels with the converter box than I did just scanning without it. ( without it I only picked up 12 channels - with it I get over 70 )

Quoting smalltownmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

What dies a digital converter do? I have rabbit ears but only get like 10 channels

Quoting SageAdvice:

Buy a digital converter box and rabbit ears - cost $50 tops for both.  We get 74 channels free. My son watches BB every night in re-runs and then on reg night on CBS

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

in a few months we planned on getting roku for our room (once baby is out of our room and maybe spend that time setting aside the money) DH isn't going to be happy that CBS doesnt work on the Wii since BBT on the Wii was one of the reasons he agreed to get rid of TV

Quoting shyanntech:

yes i have to be on the pc to watch any CBS show.. i did the same thing hulu and netflix but my is thou a ruko system i got for $50. and it also has more free movie channels and stuff.. but i still only get CBS on the pc.. :( i hope they change that soon..

www.roku.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Try a site called LetMeWatchThis

There are movie went tv shows :)
skitskidaddle
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Rabbit t.v. dish network.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Get an antenna and get free local channels.
shyanntech
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM

i was upset i couldnt get ncis or csi on the ruko or hulu or netflix.. but i learned to deal with it.. anyway.. so its all good.. im like you trying to cut back big time.. i want to move in 6 mos out of state.. so thats a big one.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

in a few months we planned on getting roku for our room (once baby is out of our room and maybe spend that time setting aside the money) DH isn't going to be happy that CBS doesnt work on the Wii since BBT on the Wii was one of the reasons he agreed to get rid of TV

Quoting shyanntech:

www.roku.com

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I wonder why that is. I have never heard of anyone using a converter box to get more channels. Thats cool though and if I can find my old converter box I think I will try it. Where I live I cant get any channels.

Quoting SageAdvice:

true some what - -  I have new TV's all less than 6 months old. I get tons more free channels with the converter box than I did just scanning without it. ( without it I only picked up 12 channels - with it I get over 70 )

Quoting smalltownmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SageAdvice:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)