Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

big bang!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Sooo we cancelled our TV, right now we have hulu plus and netflix, DH and I wanted to watch big bang theory (we're using a Wii for hulu and netflix) but can not get it on there, if I go on using the computer to hulu they have it sooo wondering if its possible to watch it on the Wii? I tried CBS website but all it shows is the symbol in the middle of the top of the screen :( DH got annoyed and went to bed cause i couldnt get it to come on lol

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I'm upset but I won't mind too much, I can watch on my laptop or tablet I guess, DH is the one who isn't going to be happy at all lol. We're in contract on a house right now and between the "small" repairs (of course small things add up a lot!) the extra expenses of owning, along with other things going on, every penny counts. Our promotions with the TV just ran out too so our bill was doubled even with them giving us new discounts. 
Long distance moves are definitely expensive, and stressful/exhausting. we moved 20 hours (twice!) and it was stupidly expensive, luckily we got reimbursed for pretty much all of it or we'd have been in trouble. 

Quoting shyanntech:

i was upset i couldnt get ncis or csi on the ruko or hulu or netflix.. but i learned to deal with it.. anyway.. so its all good.. im like you trying to cut back big time.. i want to move in 6 mos out of state.. so thats a big one.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

in a few months we planned on getting roku for our room (once baby is out of our room and maybe spend that time setting aside the money) DH isn't going to be happy that CBS doesnt work on the Wii since BBT on the Wii was one of the reasons he agreed to get rid of TV

Quoting shyanntech:

yes i have to be on the pc to watch any CBS show.. i did the same thing hulu and netflix but my is thou a ruko system i got for $50. and it also has more free movie channels and stuff.. but i still only get CBS on the pc.. :( i hope they change that soon..

www.roku.com

shyanntech
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM
we are moving 8 hours from where i live now.. but its going to take one uhaul truck for like 5 rooms. plus 2 car trailers to get us moved there.. not fun..
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm upset but I won't mind too much, I can watch on my laptop or tablet I guess, DH is the one who isn't going to be happy at all lol. We're in contract on a house right now and between the "small" repairs (of course small things add up a lot!) the extra expenses of owning, along with other things going on, every penny counts. Our promotions with the TV just ran out too so our bill was doubled even with them giving us new discounts. 
Long distance moves are definitely expensive, and stressful/exhausting. we moved 20 hours (twice!) and it was stupidly expensive, luckily we got reimbursed for pretty much all of it or we'd have been in trouble. 

Quoting shyanntech:

i was upset i couldnt get ncis or csi on the ruko or hulu or netflix.. but i learned to deal with it.. anyway.. so its all good.. im like you trying to cut back big time.. i want to move in 6 mos out of state.. so thats a big one.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

in a few months we planned on getting roku for our room (once baby is out of our room and maybe spend that time setting aside the money) DH isn't going to be happy that CBS doesnt work on the Wii since BBT on the Wii was one of the reasons he agreed to get rid of TV

Quoting shyanntech:

yes i have to be on the pc to watch any CBS show.. i did the same thing hulu and netflix but my is thou a ruko system i got for $50. and it also has more free movie channels and stuff.. but i still only get CBS on the pc.. :( i hope they change that soon..

www.roku.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM

The first time we did it ourselves, DH had moved before us (Army-- reason why we were moving to begin with lol, and he had to be there by a certain date and I had to stay longer) so he took a bus back because he needed to be here for something going on and we got a uhaul which he drove while I drove my car, had one child and hadn't been married long so not a lot of stuff yet, Moving back we got a moving company to do it (had 2 kids, plus a dog and a house FULL of stuff! lol) which I will never ever ever do again, it was horrible not to mention expensive :( Now we'll be moving about 35 minutes away, 3 kids, and of course the dog, still have tons of stuff but it's not far and we have family and friends around willing to help so no uhaul needed!
Good luck on the move! They're definitely not fun at all

Quoting shyanntech:

we are moving 8 hours from where i live now.. but its going to take one uhaul truck for like 5 rooms. plus 2 car trailers to get us moved there.. not fun..
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shyanntech:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shyanntech:

www.roku.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM

yeah CBS isnt apart of huly it kinda sucks =( When we didnt have cable we couldnt watch big bang theory either...so we catch up on reruns lol...but if you have a tablet i think you can watch it from the CBS website? I am not sure i have cable now so i just record it every week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

if you search it on hulu plus it shows (on the computer) but you get directed to CBS in a link... It really sucks we cant get it on the tv cause its one of the few shows we like to watch together and we like our space when watching shows so watching on a tablet wont work lol. (weird cause when we watch movies we like to cuddle 0.o)

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah CBS isnt apart of huly it kinda sucks =( When we didnt have cable we couldnt watch big bang theory either...so we catch up on reruns lol...but if you have a tablet i think you can watch it from the CBS website? I am not sure i have cable now so i just record it every week.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
We bought a Roku & have no services at all. My husband downloads all of the shows we watch from other sites. I just looked in the history & it looks like it's plex/web or mobilevids. Not sure which but there are a ton of sites & you can find anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
We plan to eventually get one of our room, and then maybe for the living room so the Wii doesn't get too burnt out lol. I'm sure once I start figuring all of it out and get used to not having TV I'll find out ways and can get rid of Hulu and Netflix and just stick with Amazon Prime since we'll use that for other stuff as well(don't have it yet, tax time)
Quoting bluebunnybabe:

We bought a Roku & have no services at all. My husband downloads all of the shows we watch from other sites. I just looked in the history & it looks like it's plex/web or mobilevids. Not sure which but there are a ton of sites & you can find anything.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
The Roku is super cheap. He paid $99 for ours & there actually were cheaper ones. And we're cheap so we love that we have no fees for anything. Just $25 a month for our DSL which we would have anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

We plan to eventually get one of our room, and then maybe for the living room so the Wii doesn't get too burnt out lol. I'm sure once I start figuring all of it out and get used to not having TV I'll find out ways and can get rid of Hulu and Netflix and just stick with Amazon Prime since we'll use that for other stuff as well(don't have it yet, tax time)

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Ya I had looked into them but right now it's on hold. I'd love our internet to be $25 >.< we pay $55 right now for ours

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

The Roku is super cheap. He paid $99 for ours & there actually were cheaper ones. And we're cheap so we love that we have no fees for anything. Just $25 a month for our DSL which we would have anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

same here....we watch big bang together and thats about it...and we cuddle to watch that show only lol...sometimes we watch family guy and american dad together but we always will watch big bang together.

Quoting Anonymous:

if you search it on hulu plus it shows (on the computer) but you get directed to CBS in a link... It really sucks we cant get it on the tv cause its one of the few shows we like to watch together and we like our space when watching shows so watching on a tablet wont work lol. (weird cause when we watch movies we like to cuddle 0.o)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)