Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Those Of You Who Have Siblings..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
Just out of curiosity. Did your parents treat you and your sibling /siblings fairly? Or was there favoritism played by your parents? Do you play favorites in your home with your kids?
My upbringing was messed up. My dad favored me big time over my little sister and my mom favored my younger sister. Dad was gone working a lot so I would be stuck with mom and little sis. I got in trouble a lot (some of which i deserved) others was my sisters fault. but when dad was home I got my way.. I know its awful! And me and my dh aren't ever going to play favorites with our kids. We only have one right now ..but dh has 3 others from a previous marriage and he treats all his kids the same.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I'm not going to judge anyone who does play favorites. Just a curious question I had.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Bump
instant
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
My mom favored my older sister and still does.
Tabelite
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I don't think my parents ever played favorites, though my dad did give me money because I was always the chauffeur for my brother and sister since I'm the oldest. And yes I have favorites. My favorite is whoever is pissing me off the least in that minute. ;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I've beenmarried three other times and in all those marriages I've treated my step kids the same as I treat my real kids.  

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I was the fav and still am.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't bc it's eggshells around my siblings.
bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally did/do not feel that my parents favored some of us over others, no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I believe I was treated fairly. As an adult now though, I am not favored. My kids aren't allowed at her house, she doesn't take them overnight. She doesn't help me out with them at all not that I even need her to. I am all alone when it comes to my kids now and I've accepted that. It's really sad and I feel that I am perceived the wrong way and always have been. I've never been the needy one. Yes, I've had my times when I needed help just like she did when she went through that divorce and needed my grandmother. But when she's needed now, I'm on my own. It fucking sucks. I wish I had a loving grandmother for my kids but I don't. I can't and won't ever depend on her. She has her own life now and only time for one of 5 grandkids. None of which being mine.

Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

No, even though as a kid I believed they did. I don't now, even though my kids think I do.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I was the oldest and therefore expected to set a good example for my little sister. If we got in trouble, I got in trouble TWICE for "not being a good example".

She is little miss goody two-shoes which I find hilarious since SHE was the "other woman" ... her SO was still married and living with his wife and child when they met and started seeing each other. I've been married for almost 30 years, but I'm the black sheep. Go figure. 

I only had one kid but with our furkids .... well, yes, we definitely play favorites but I really try to even it out. You know, play favorites for different reasons. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)