Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My DD is 20 months old. She has always gone to bed at 7-7:30&up at 7. Now she gets up at 4am. I'm exhausted and I have tried everything. She just won't go back to bed! I keep hee up till 8-9, but it doesn't matter. Actually the days shes up later it seems she gets up more often. She only naps once a day for an hour or so. I've tried the whole explaining to her she needs to stay in bed till the sun comes out, got one of those nights lights that changed color at a certain time&she doesn't seem to understand that. I've tried getting her to lay down in my bed, everything. I'm exhausted. I don't understand why she won't sleep! She has never had an issue sleeping, and this is really wearing me out. If she actually would fall back asleep it wouldn't be so bad, but she won't. She refuses to lay back down no matter what I do. Please help! Have any of your kids gone through this? I really need to know I'm not the only one here. I feel so alone, hubby works a lot and its just me here all day most days. 4am wouldn't seem so bad but I work from 9-11 every night so I am not even in bed till midnight, and 4hrs of sleep is not enough for a pregnant momma lol. Also she is tired, by 9am she wants a nap and then she will be tired again by 2-3, and is just overall cranky as hell. Anyway, any help? I'm at a loss of what to do!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Replies (31-32):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I keep trying that but it ends up 11-12 at night and she still isn't asleep. I guess I'm just going to have to keep doing this, DH lost the screws to the crib and it'll take a few days for the replacement ones to get here. So I am just going to stay consistent and hope this phase is over soon! Lol thank you very much for the advice :)

Quoting indymom72:

now I'm old school, but I would just keep marching her right back to her room and putting her in bed.  Don't talk to her,  put her in her bed and walk out of the room.   Eventually she will figure it out.  She's figured out if she throws a big enough fit she gets her way.  Yes,you'll be tired for a few more nights, but it will be worth it.  Put your foot down. 

indymom72
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Parenting is all trial and error that's for sure! :) Just hang tough, she'll see things your way eventually.
Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I keep trying that but it ends up 11-12 at night and she still isn't asleep. I guess I'm just going to have to keep doing this, DH lost the screws to the crib and it'll take a few days for the replacement ones to get here. So I am just going to stay consistent and hope this phase is over soon! Lol thank you very much for the advice :)

Quoting indymom72:

now I'm old school, but I would just keep marching her right back to her room and putting her in bed.  Don't talk to her,  put her in her bed and walk out of the room.   Eventually she will figure it out.  She's figured out if she throws a big enough fit she gets her way.  Yes,you'll be tired for a few more nights, but it will be worth it.  Put your foot down. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured