Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this appropriate? or is he not a baby anymore?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 263 Replies
2 moms liked this
My son has very sensitive skin so the dr. tells me to give him showers instead of baths and it works. He just turned two a couple days ago. I work part time and when my husband comes home from work its about that time for my son to go to sleep. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry ill just have him jump in the shower with me. Hes not the least bit interested and doesn't look at me. But I'm just wondering from a different perspective is it time to draw the line where he's just not a baby anymore and he can't take showers with me? I've always seen my best friend get ready in her bra in front of her 9 year old son and it didn't feel uncomfortable. I've never grew up with men only my mom so I want to know what you think. But please if your not gonna say something nice just don't say it at all. I just want mom advice. Thanks for reading
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM
11 moms liked this
I think it's fine. When he starts showing interest, I would quit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
6 moms liked this

Sometimes I shower with my 2 yo.  Then I don't have to worry about him terrorizing the house while I'm in there, lol.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I don't see an issue. my five year old sees me when I'm getting dressed sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

My son will be 3 on the 17th and we take showers together sometimes. It is just easier 

SWasson
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

He's 2, it's no issue for at least a few years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I shower with my 2yo....I used to shower with my nephew (parents were ok with it,I watched him all the time,and they actually suggested it)

I think he was about three when he asked me why I don't have a pee.pee..that's when I made him shower on his own lol!

If he's not looking at ur parts I see no problem. Unless u feel awkward,then wear a swim suit
tonya102511
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I'm just wondering if that will do any damage in the long run or make him more curious about things since he's seen his mom when he gets to the age of talking...idk
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM
He's two, why would it be an issue?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I don't see a problem with it, I shower with my lo all the time... Saves me time and whatever mess he was going to make while I was in the shower! 

Last week I was kidding around with my 16yr old step son, he wanted to jump in the shower but his dad beat him to it. I told him to go take a shower with him (I was kidding) and he said he quit taking showers with his dad when he was about 7! I guess its a little different for dads and sons!

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:08 AM
22 moms liked this
Nudity does not turn children into sexual deviants. Teach them its normal. I think making it taboo or something to hide brings a negative stigma to it.

Quoting tonya102511:

I'm just wondering if that will do any damage in the long run or make him more curious about things since he's seen his mom when he gets to the age of talking...idk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)