Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got pregnant at 17

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies

My boyfriend and I are both 17 and only used the pill as our birth control.

I got too confident one month and decided I didnt want to take my pills.
I didnt think I could get pregnant, and I was just being stupid.

When I was meant to finish my pills, my period never came and I found out I was pregnant.

Ive sworn to my boyfriend and our families that I took my pills from day one, because I didnt want them to be more angry at me and the situation. I dont know what my boyfriend would do if he found out the truth.

Thats my confession and I have to deal with it for the rest of my life..

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not judging you - but this exact reason is why my girls are on the shot. I SEE them get their birth control and know that they're as safe as I can make them be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Yeah I wish now I took it more seriously and got myself on a birth control I didnt have to remember to take everyday

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not judging you - but this exact reason is why my girls are on the shot. I SEE them get their birth control and know that they're as safe as I can make them be.

shygurl3166
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
6 moms liked this
I wasn't on birth control. We were using withdrawal to prevent pregnancy. I got pregnant at 17 too. I'm 26 now with three kids, hubby and I just bought our first house. Life is good. You sound a bit freaked. I finished out high school 7 months pregnant, so it can be done. You can still go to college and get a great job. You just have to want it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I have huge guilt, followed by the natural feelings most girls feel when they find out they got pregnant so young..

Good for you though! I'm in college right now working to finish earlier. I really want it too.

Quoting shygurl3166:

I wasn't on birth control. We were using withdrawal to prevent pregnancy. I got pregnant at 17 too. I'm 26 now with three kids, hubby and I just bought our first house. Life is good. You sound a bit freaked. I finished out high school 7 months pregnant, so it can be done. You can still go to college and get a great job. You just have to want it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM
What a secret
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM

bump

tcallisto
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

We all made mistakes as teeneagers :)  Don't feel guilty!! Good mothers come in all ages.  I know some teen moms that are better than moms that wait unti they are "ready."  I don't think babies are accidents, per say.  Maybe to us, but not to God.  And I got pregnant at 18, because I was a moron and didn't use anything.  LOL.  He is 15 today and I wouldn't change anything!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Thank you :) I do agree with you its just a lot to take on I think. Especially knowing I've lied to my boyfriend about taking my pills. And I've dragged him down with me because I made a stupid decision.

Quoting tcallisto:

We all made mistakes as teeneagers :)  Don't feel guilty!! Good mothers come in all ages.  I know some teen moms that are better than moms that wait unti they are "ready."  I don't think babies are accidents, per say.  Maybe to us, but not to God.  And I got pregnant at 18, because I was a moron and didn't use anything.  LOL.  He is 15 today and I wouldn't change anything!

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I was 17 and so was my boyfriend and I got pregnant. But i wasnt on birth control. And we never used condoms. So I guess in a way I shouldnt of been suprised when i found out I was in fact pregnant. lol

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I got pregnant at 17 too.im now 28 with 3 rugrats lol.you'll be ok :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN