Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have been slowly...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Building up baking supplies (flour, sugar, vanilla, nuts, lemon juice etc) a bit at a time over the last few months because I'm going to need to give homemade deserts and such as Christmas gifts. My twins who are 13 and in 8th grade have a trip at the end of the school year that's going to cost me $650 apiece and I have no intentions of letting the payment installment dates arrive without having put the money aside. I thought it was a decent idea but my mother thinks it makes me appear cheap. I have no other options so whatever. But the comment hurt a little.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM
It's the thought that counts. Christmas should be about more than just what is under the tree. It would do some people good to remember that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I give baked goods as Christmas gifts each year. I don't care if people think it's cheap because in reality, I spend a lot of time doing it. I also crochet some gifts. After the cost of materials and the time put into making the gift, it costs more than some cheap gift at Walmart.
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I think your mother should remember it's the thought that counts!
mattiehatter
by Mary on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM
It's the thought. Like others said after time and effort a gift like this is worth more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I'm confused, so instead of money for christmas presents, you're using it towards their trips?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Food gifts for friends and family. My children are getting some gifts, things they meed and or want
I just can't do the expense of gifts for siblings and their families etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm confused, so instead of money for christmas presents, you're using it towards their trips?

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Hey, give what you can in the spirit of the season. Christmas is not about cheapness or wealth, it's about remembering the people special to you and enjoying the holiday with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I love getting baked stuff as gifts

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I usually do homemade candy for christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)