Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They were trying to give each other shots....CPS worthy, or not?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 89 Replies
Last weekend my kids went and stayed at their grandma's house (my ex's mom), she has an adopted 5 year old, (her other granddaughter)..,anyways when I went to pick them up, grandma was telling me about how my dd, my ds, and her dd all got into her B12 injections and were trying to give each other shots.

Yes, I'm aware b vitamins are water soluble, but why does she have them where kids can reach them? Also, where was their supervision? How did they all have enough time to get into these needles and go unnoticed?

Would you report this to CPS? My husband wants to, I said no, mainly because she'll know who reported it and I don't want to deal with that drama...but I don't know...
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM
3 moms liked this
No I wouldn't report my kids grandma to cps. But I would give her a earful.
Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Just because she is related to your kids or do you not see this as CPS worthy?

Quoting Anonymous:

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM
No. Just dont send your kids there if you are worried about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM
5 moms liked this
Both. If she is otherwise a good grandmother and guardian to her adoptive child it would seem spiteful to call cps on her. Not to mention the irreparable damage and rift it would cause your family.

Quoting Prplesockmonkey:

Quoting Anonymous:

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM

wow... well i'd probably give her an earful and I probably wouldn't let her babysit my kids anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM

No it's not!  Esp since she's family.  Just check the house before leaving kids there?  Or don't take them there anymore.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Accidents happen. I would give her a good briefing on proper storage of medication (and cleaners) while children are in the home tho. And, speak to your children about the things they shouldn't get into, and the dangers if they do.
Prplesockmonkey
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
But what if it had been her insulin they were into? I mean when does her relation to the kids end and her not paying attention to their welfare come in? Kwim?
I don't plan to turn this in, but it makes you wonder what she is doing for long enough that each kid has a needle and is trying to give each other shots, kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Both. If she is otherwise a good grandmother and guardian to her adoptive child it would seem spiteful to call cps on her. Not to mention the irreparable damage and rift it would cause your family.

Quoting Prplesockmonkey:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I would be so afraid of them sticking themselves with the needles.
I'd have to tell her that she needs to put that stuff out of reach if the kids visit.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't know.  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with my son's father or his family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)