Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We split up and it was probably for the best.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Knowing what I know now and just how harshly my ex fiancee judged me.  He told me he had to confess something to me and it really wasn't that bad at all, he's adopted, he asked me about anything that could come back to "haunt" me so I told him about the child I had in HS and gave up for adoption when I was 16.  I told him I had no regrets about my decision and that the boy I gave birth to has a great life with parents who love him and have and continue to give him much more than I could have .  Once that baby boy was placed in the arms of his adoptive mother I knew the right decision had been made.   Well he is silent for a while and then asks me why didn't I keep the child and let my parents raise him, I explained to him my parents were going to through a divorce and it was a decision that I made, the boy's father made, and both sets of parents thought was best. 

Long story short 2 days later he tells me he can't marry me because if we ever have children he is afraid I might reject them..WTF??  I didn't reject my child, I was a child myself and not capable of providing for him at that time and there was a couple that could and wanted him very much.  So now I am single, but I don't feel sad, I feel like I dodged a bullet and that my ex was being really judgmental.  I just don't know.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Yeah you dodged a bullet.
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm even more surprised of his reaction given that he's adopted. 

CRmommie-2
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

wow, good thing you got out of that before you were legally married! What a dick....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM
He obviously has issues of being abandoned like a lot of adopted kids do
sketchmonster
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Definitely dodged a bullet there. If he can't accept you, past and all, he doesn't deserve to have you. What you did was entirely selfless, and in the best interest of your son. If he can't accept that, then he needs to work on himself (and his personal issues with his adoption) and THAT is not YOUR fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Me too....

Quoting sugieboogieboo:

I'm even more surprised of his reaction given that he's adopted. 

MummsTheWord
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Wow.

HE sounds really dumb.

Don't keep 'dumb' around.

CamoChick
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

wow!  I'm sorry

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM

You totally dodged a bullet. He is dumber than a kardashian if he does not know the difference between an adoption and rejecting a child.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Well, good thing you dodged that loser.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)